- 1cup of bread from a Galician barra or a baguette, torn into small pieces
- 2pounds of ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1medium Vidalia onion
- 5cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4tbsp sherry vinegar (or 6 tbsp red wine vinegar)
- 2cups ice cold water
- 1tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Diced red or yellow bell pepper for garnish
In a food processor, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, garlic, olive oil, sugar, vinegar and bread. Blend until smooth.
Strain into a bowl, pressing to extract as much liquid as possible. Stir in the water and add salt to taste, adjusting vinegar levels as needed.
Refrigerate for three hours or overnight. Serve in small bowls with diced pepper garnish.