- 1bottle fruity, medium-bodied Spanish red wine, like Garnacha or Tempranillo
- 1/4cup Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1/4cup orange juice
- 1 1/2tbsp sugar
- 1piece of your favorite fruit, sliced (oranges and apples are great)
- 2cups lemon lime soda (chilled)
- 1sangría pitcher
- 1orange, halved, sliced and seeds removed for garnishing the glasses
Combine the first five ingredients in your sangría pitcher. Stir until sugar dissolves. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving, but it is best prepared and stored overnight in the refrigerator.
When you are ready to serve, add the chilled lemon lime soda and ice and stir gently. If you would like pieces of fruit and ice in your glass, you can pour out of the side of the pitcher. Garnish each glass with a slice of orange and serve with your favorite tapas. ¡Salud!