- 1lb pork loin, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6tbsp olive oil
- 2tsp fresh thyme leaves or 1 tsp dried
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1tsp ras al hanout spice blend (optional)
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1tsp red pepper flakes
- 1bay leaf, crumbled
- 1tbsp minced parsley
- 1tsp ground black pepper
- 2tsp sea salt
- Salsa Brava and lemon slices for serving
Mix all of the ingredients except the pork cubes in a glass bowl or a large zip lock bag. Add the pork and coat well. Seal the bag or cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least two hours or up to two days.
If using wooden skewers, soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes. Thread about 4 of the pork cubes onto each skewer. Grill over hot charcoal, basting occasionally with the marinade. After about 5 minutes, flip the kebabs and cook for 5 minutes more, or until the pork is cooked through. Let the kebabs rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Serving Size 4.9 oz/140 gr; Calories 425; Calories from Fat 295; Total Fat 33.1 gr (51%); Saturated Fat 6.8 gr (34%); Trans Fat 0.1 gr ; Cholesterol 95 mg (32%); Sodium 647 mg (27%); Total Carbohydrates 2 gr (1%); Fiber 1 gr (3%); Sugars 0 gr; Protein 29 gr (59%); Vitamin A 12%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 5%; Iron 10%.
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.