Receta de Mejillones con Chorizo - Mussels with Chorizo and White Wine Recipe
La Tienda Kitchens
- 20 minutes
- 4 servings
- 1medium onion, chopped into ¼-inch pieces
- 1/2red bell pepper, chopped into ¼-inch pieces
- 2tbsp garlic, coarsely chopped
- 8oz chorizo, cut on the bias into 1/8-inch slices
- 2 1/2cups white wine, a Spanish Albariño is perfect)
- 2lbs fresh mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1sprig of rosemary
- Coarsely chopped parsley for garnish
In a large sauté pan or sauce pot big enough to accommodate the mussels, sauté onion, peppers, chorizo, garlic and rosemary sprig in olive oil for about 5 minutes on medium-low heat, until onion is soft and translucent.
Prior to cooking the mussels, press together the shells of any mussels that are open. If the shell doesn't close, the mussel should be discarded (also toss any with broken shells). Add mussels and wine to the pan or sauce pot, mixing with the other ingredients. Cover and cook on high heat for about 5 minutes, or until the mussels have just opened. Discard any mussels that do not open.
Transfer mussels and their broth to individual serving bowls. Garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread for sopping up the juices.
Calories 687; Total Fat 37.4 gr (48%); Saturated Fat 10.6 gr (53%); Cholesterol 113 mg (38%); Sodium 1360 mg (59%); Total Carbohydrates 18.6 gr (7%); Fiber 1 gr (4%); Sugars 3.4 gr ; Protein 41.6 gr; Vitamin D 0%; Calcium 7%; Iron 59%; Potassium 25%.
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.