- 1lb carrots, peeled and cut on a diagonal into 1½-2-inch pieces
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 3/4tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 3/4tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4tsp brown sugar
- 1/2tsp ground ginger
- 1/2tsp ground coriander
- 1/4tsp ground cumin
- 1/4tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4tsp each ground allspice and ground cloves
- 1/2tsp each sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Juice from ½ fresh lemon
- 1/4cup orange juice
- 4tbsp honey with orange peel or regular honey
- 1tbsp fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2cup Marcona almonds, crushed
- Lemon wedges for serving
Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix all spices together in a medium sized bowl, add carrots and olive oil and stir well to combine. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and add spiced carrots. Season with salt and pepper, cover with foil and roast for 10 minutes. Stir carrots and continue roasting uncovered for 15-20 minutes more or until the carrots are tender and slightly browned,
While carrots are cooking, add lemon juice, orange juice and honey to a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat and keep warm.
When carrots are done, arrange on a platter or individual plates and spoon over honey and juice mixture. Garnish with crushed almonds and mint.
Serve at room temperature as a tapa or warm as a side dish.