Receta de Mejillones a la Vinagreta - Mussels in Vinaigrette Recipe
La Tienda Kitchens
- 25 minutes
- 4 servings
- 1tbsp finely diced yellow bell pepper
- 2tbsp finely diced peeled carrots
- 1tbsp chopped celery leaves
- 1tbsp diced roasted piquillo pepper
- 1tbsp minced scallion
- 1tsp capers, minced
- 1tbsp minced parsley
- 3tbsp white wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1/2cup mild extra virgin olive oil
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1thick slice of lemon
- 2fresh bay leaves
- 1/2cup white wine, (Albariño or Ribeiro are perfect)
- 2dozen mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
Mix the peppers, carrots, scallion, capers, parsley, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Clean and de-beard the mussels. (Discard any with a broken shell or with open shells that do not close when tapped.) In a 6-quart pot, sauté the garlic in a little olive oil until translucent. Add the wine, bay leaves and slice of lemon to the pot and bring to a boil. Add the mussels and cover for about 5 minutes. Remove mussels when they open and set them aside to cool. Discard any mussels that do not open. Add vegetable mixture to the juices remaining in the pot and remove bay leaf and lemon. Remove the mussels from their shells and add to the vegetable mixture.
Transfer mussels and vegetable marinade to a suitable non-reactive container, cover with plastic wrap, and chill overnight. Rinse and reserve half of the shells. Place shells in a plastic bag and refrigerate.
The following day, place a mussel in each shell and spoon a small amount of the marinade over each one.
Serve chilled with crusty bread and a glass of Spanish white wine.
Calories 350; Total Fat 27.6 gr (35%); Saturated Fat 4 gr (20%); Cholesterol 27 mg (9%); Sodium 914 mg (40%); Total Carbohydrates 10.2 gr (4%); Fiber 1.1 gr (4%); Sugars 2.9 gr; Protein 12.4 gr; Vitamin D 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 26%; Potassium 10%.
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.