- 1tablespoon diced yellow bell pepper
- 1tablespoon diced roasted piquillo pepper
- 1tablespoon minced scallion
- 1teaspoon capers
- 1tablespoon minced parsley
- 3tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2cup mild extra virgin olive oil
- 2cloves chopped garlic
- 1slice lemon
- 1/2cup white wine
- 1/2cup water
- 2dozen mussels
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
Mix the peppers, scallion, capers, parsley, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Clean the mussels carefully, discarding any that are open. In a 6 quart pot, sauté the garlic in a little olive oil until translucent. Add the wine, water and slice of lemon to the pot and bring to a boil. Add the mussels and cover for a few minutes. Remove mussels when they open and set them aside to cool.
Remove the mussels from their shells and add to the bowl of fresh ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight. Rinse and reserve half of the shells. Place shells in a plastic bag and refrigerate.
The following day, place a mussel in each shell and spoon a small amount of the marinade over each one. Serve while still chilled.