- 2oz small shelled and deveined shrimp (or as many as will fit in one layer in the dish)
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp white wine or sherry (Fino or Amontillado are good for this dish)
- 2cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2dried chili pepper, seeds removed, chopped into 2 pieces or a pinch of red pepper flakes
- A small pinch of Spanish smoked paprika
- 1tsp parsley, minced
- Sea salt
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Crusty bread
- 4-inch cazuela dish
Add the olive oil, wine, garlic, paprika and chili pepper to a small 4-inch cazuela (terra cotta dish). Place the dish over medium high heat until oil and wine begin to simmer.
Add the shrimp. Stir until shrimp are done, 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt and parsley. Serve with lemon slice and a good crusty bread for dipping.
Calories 346; Total Fat 29.1 gr (37%); Saturated Fat 4.3 gr (22%); Cholesterol 119 mg (40%); Sodium 1305 mg (57%); Total Carbohydrates 5.2 gr (2%); Fiber 0.7 gr (2%); Sugars 0.8 gr; Protein 13.5 gr; Vitamin D 0%; Calcium 5%; Iron 3%; Potassium 4%.
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.