- Combination of classic spices
- Made with real saffron
- 3 packets
- For the classic Valencian paella
- Each packet enough for a 4 person paella
- Size - 12 gr/0.42 oz
This savory mix of authentic spices is the perfect base for Paella Valenciana. Real saffron, garlic, rosemary, thyme and other seasonings bring out the full flavor of your paella. Each box contains three 0.14 oz packets, each enough to season a paella for four. Just sprinkle a packet into your paella broth to bring out the full flavor of your paella.
Valencia is the birthplace of paella, and Paella Valenciana is arguably the original. Because it started as a farmer's dish, the purist would only use rabbits, snails and beans. We think of this more broadly as a meat paella, centered on chicken (and rabbit if you can find it). Add some broad beans and butter beans to bring variety in texture and flavor.
Carmencita originated in 1920 when Jesús Navarro Jover started selling saffron in a town near Alicante, just south of Valencia. What started as a one man business has grown over the last century into one of the most reputable spice companies in all of Spain.
Paella Valenciana by Carmencita
Recipe for 4 servings
1 3/4 cups of paella rice
1/2 chicken in pieces
1/2 rabbit in pieces (or use the 2nd half of the chicken)
3 ripe tomatoes
1 small red pepper
4 oz of broad beans
4 oz butter beans
2 quarts of meat stock
1 packet of Carmencita Valencian paellero
10 tablespoons of olive oil
1 head of garlic
1. Cut the broad beans in pieces, cut the pepper into slices and grate the tomatoes.
2. Add the olive oil (10 tablespoons) into a paella pan and fry the pepper slices and the head of garlic lightly. Set aside. Fry the grated tomato lightly and set aside.
3. Brown the chicken and the rabbit (if you don't have rabbit, it is enough with the chicken). Set aside.
4. Prepare the stock placing a pot on a flame with 3 quarts of water. Add the chicken, the rabbit, the tomato and the head of garlic with any olive oil and the broad and butter beans, Boil on a low flame for one hour.
5. Put a paella pan on a flame and add 2 quarts (8 cups) of the stock and bring to a boil. When it is boiling, add a packet of Carmencita Valenciana Paellero, stirring a few seconds, add the rice, the chicken and the rabbit, the broad and butter beans. Check for salt.
6. Maintain at a simmer for 15 or 20 minutes until the full evaporation of the stock. When the stock has been absorbed, decorate with the red pepper slices.
7. Let the paella rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
Ingredients: Garlic, sweet paprika, black pepper, maltodextrin, rosemary, thyme, clove, salt, saffron extract and saffron (1%).
All information listed on our website, including nutrient content information, ingredient lists, and information relating to health claims is for informational purposes only and not provided as medical advice. You should carefully read all information in the actual product packaging and labels, including for food allergen, nutrient content and qualified health claims before using or consuming a product. La Tienda does not assume any liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
May We Suggest
"Got everything in a very timely fashion and it looks great. Having a chef friend over so we can cook everything and have a great party. Everything looks great."
Dr. Bob Gordon - Glenview, IL - Nov 11, 2016
"great for my paella!"
JOYCE DE LAVEAGA - Austin, TX - Feb 14, 2016
"If you want to cook "la paella", you will definitely need this seasoning! "
Inna Granda - Miami, FL - Jan 17, 2016
"Fast Delivery !!! "
Inez M Martinez - Indianapolis, IN - Jan 3, 2016
"easy-peasy! paella - easy"
Lori ROXAS - SOMERSET, NJ - Dec 27, 2015