Receta de Arroz de Montaña con Setas Silvestres, Espárragos y Butifarra - Mountain Rice with Wild Mushrooms, Asparagus and Butifarra Recipe
La Tienda Kitchens
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- 4 servings
- 3tbsp olive oil, divided
- 8oz butifarra sausage, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1chicken liver (optional)
- 8fresh asparagus spears
- 1medium onion, peeled and diced
- 6cloves of garlic, peeled, divided
- 8oz boletus mushrooms (porcini or your choice of wild mushrooms), cleaned and cut into ½-inch pieces or slices
- 1cup white wine
- 2tbsp tomate frito or canned tomato sauce
- 3cups rich chicken stock
- 1 1/2tsp fresh thyme leaves or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1tsp fresh rosemary (or ½ tsp dried), finely chopped
- 2bay leaves
- 2cups paella rice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1(3-4 inch) sprig of rosemary or 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme, for garnish
- Crusty bread for serving
Bend asparagus to snap off woody ends. Discard ends and cut asparagus diagonally into 2-inch pieces. In a 13-inch paella pan, add ½ cup of water and boil asparagus over high heat for 1 minute or until bright green. Strain asparagus and run under very cold water to stop the cooking.
Wipe and dry the paella pan and heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil. Add the butifarra and cook for 4-5 minutes over medium heat, turning occasionally until golden brown on both sides. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels. If using the chicken liver, add it to the same pan and sauté over low heat until no longer pink, adding a little more olive oil if necessary to keep from browning. Remove from pan and mash with a fork into a fine paste. Set aside with the butifarra.
Finely dice two of the garlic cloves and add with the onions to the pan. Season with a ½ tsp salt and sauté over medium heat until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue cooking over medium heat, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes. Stir in white wine and simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Add sliced butifarra, chicken liver (if using), asparagus, tomate frito, rice, chicken stock, thyme, rosemary and bay leaves to the paella pan. Stir well to combine, season to taste with salt and pepper and continue simmering for 5 minutes.
Remove pan from heat and arrange remaining garlic cloves on top of the rice mixture. Cover tightly with foil and place in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes. After 30 minutes, check the rice and add more liquid if needed. When rice is just tender, remove from oven and let it rest, covered for 10 minutes. Remove foil and garnish with rosemary sprig or thyme sprigs.
Serve hot with a crisp green salad, crusty bread and a Spanish white or rosé wine.
Calories 507; Total Fat 27.7 gr (36%); Saturated Fat 6.9 gr (35%); Cholesterol 56 mg (19%); Sodium 1339 mg (58%); Total Carbohydrates 37.9 gr (14%); Fiber 2.8 gr (10%); Sugars 4.4 gr; Protein 17.8 gr; Vitamin D 1021%; Calcium 5%; Iron 33%; Potassium 14%.
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.