Receta de Albondigas de Cordero con Vermut - Lamb Meatballs with Vermouth Recipe
La Tienda Kitchens
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- 4 servings
- 2lbs ground lamb
- 1/4cup grated aged Manchego cheese
- 1cup fresh breadcrumbs (from French bread or other good quality bread, such as barra gallega)
- 1/4cup dry red wine
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 5cloves garlic, crushed
- 4tbsp chopped parsley
- 2tsp sea salt
- 1/2tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1small onion, chopped
- 1/4cup dry Spanish vermouth
- 1cup beef or lamb broth
- 1/4cup tomato sauce
- Toasted pine nuts or almond slivers for garnish (optional)
In a large bowl, mix the lamb, eggs, cheese, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
In a separate bowl, pour the red wine over the bread crumbs until it is absorbed, then add to the meat and mix very well. Form into 24 meatballs, about 1½ inches each.
Heat the oil on medium-high heat in a large casserole and brown the meatballs well on all sides. Lower heat to medium, add the onion, and cook until it is soft. Pour in the vermouth. Carefully light the liquid with a grill lighter, making sure to avoid the flames. Stir until flames die out. Add the broth and the tomato sauce. Cover and cook on low for 45 minutes.
You may garnish the meatballs with toasted pine nuts or almond slivers.
Calories 743; Total Fat 30.7 gr (39%); Saturated Fat 8.4 gr (42%); Cholesterol 287 mg (96%); Sodium 2820 mg (123%); Total Carbohydrates 27.2 gr (10%); Fiber 2.3 gr (8%); Sugars 3.6 gr; Protein 80.7 gr; Vitamin D 39%; Calcium 10%; Iron 44%; Potassium 21%.
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.