Receta de Relleno de Chorizo y Pimentón Ahumado - Chorizo and Smoked Paprika Stuffing Recipe
La Tienda Kitchens
- 2 hours 0 minutes
- 6 servings
- 2loaves (10-12 cups) Galician bread or other crusty bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 9oz cooking chorizo, diced
- 2tbsp (4 cloves) garlic, finely chopped
- 1medium sweet onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1jar tomate frito
- 1/4cup dry white wine
- 2tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2tsp fresh thyme
- 2tsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F. On a large baking sheet, toast the Galician bread cubes for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Stir occasionally. Transfer bread cubes to a large mixing bowl.
Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the diced chorizo, garlic and onion. Cook over low heat, stirring often, until the onion softens, about 10 minutes. Drain or spoon off fat. Add the smoked paprika and tomate frito to pan and cook over medium-low heat for about 3 minutes. Add the wine and boil until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Add chorizo mixture, along with the rosemary, thyme and parsley to the bread cubes and toss well. Whisk the beaten eggs and chicken broth together in a small mixing bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Pour mixture over the bread cubes and toss well.
Transfer stuffing to a large, lightly oiled baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for about 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until stuffing is golden brown and crisp. Let rest for 10 minutes and serve.
Serve as part of your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner with smoked paprika rubbed turkey.
Calories 997; Total Fat 60.8 gr (78%); Saturated Fat 18.4 gr (92%); Cholesterol 152 mg (51%); Sodium 2736 mg (119%); Total Carbohydrates 76.5 gr (28%); Fiber 6.2 gr (22%); Sugars 16.2 gr; Protein 36.9 gr; Vitamin D 26%; Calcium 10%; Iron 47%; Potassium 4%.
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.