- 2 loaves of Galician bread or other crusty bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 9 ounces chorizo, diced
- 3 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
- 1jar tomate frito
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350° F. On a large baking sheet, toast the Galician bread cubes for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Stir occasionally. Transfer bread cubes to a large mixing bowl.
Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the diced chorizo, garlic and onion. Cook over low heat, stirring often, until the onion softens, about 10 minutes. Drain or spoon off fat. Add the smoked paprika and tomate frito to pan and cook over medium-low heat for about 3 minutes. Add the wine and boil until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Add mixture, along with the rosemary and parsley to the bread cubes and toss well. Whisk the beaten eggs and chicken broth together in a small mixing bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Pour mixture over the bread cubes and toss well.
Transfer stuffing to a large, lightly oiled baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for about 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until stuffing is golden brown and crisp. Let rest for 10 minutes and serve.