Add amazing smoky flavor and golden color to this year's holiday turkey with our smoked paprika rub featuring Pimentón de La Vera.
- 3 tablespoons of sweet smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole (12-15 lb.) turkey
this is text as a sample
In a small bowl, mix all ingredients except extra virgin olive oil. Wash and prepare turkey for cooking according to your favorite recipe.
Place turkey, breast side up, on roasting rack in a roasting pan. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of the rub mixture inside turkey. Stuff turkey with dressing or vegetables, if desired. Brush turkey all over with extra virgin olive oil. Spread remaining rub mixture all over the surface and under the skin of the turkey.
Roast turkey according to your favorite recipe.