- Medium - fruity and flavorful
- Made in limited quantities
- Buttery, warm flavor
- From the first cold press
- 100% Arbequina olives
- Size - 17 oz/500 ml
This extraordinary Can Solivera Arbequina extra virgin olive oil is the closest you will ever come to having your own private oil.
It is made in limited quantities by a couple who are on a quest to produce the perfect olive oil - with no compromises tolerated.
The initial flavor of this precious olive oil is buttery and a bit sweet, reminiscent of melon and apples. The aftertaste is warm and grassy.
Its pleasing bouquet makes it the perfect oil to drizzle on a bit of crusty bread -- or to embellish a bowl of baby salad greens.
Can Solivera Unfiltered Arbequina olive oil is obtained solely from the first cold extraction or pressing of the pulp of healthy arbequina olives.
The producers follow the painstaking process used in medieval times that preserves the original flavor, color and aroma of the olives:
By slowly pouring the fresh oil from the top of the container, they assure that the unwanted sediment remains undisturbed.
The result is an olive oil that is endowed with an extraordinary flavor. Virtually all other fine olive oils compromise their final product by filtering it artificially.
The main grove is located in the county of Baix Empordá in the province of Girona, Catalonia, just fifty kilometers from the border with France, and twelve kilometers from the Mediterranean Sea.
The micro-climate of the Alt and Baix Empordá counties is particularly suitable for cultivating olive trees. The trees and the fruit endure the "Tramontana", a strong and cold wind that comes from the Pyrenees, but afterwards the gentle breeze of the Mediterranean comes to offer them solace.
The first Arbequina olives are small and round. During their ripening they change color from a pale green to pink and finally to purple. The color of the olive oil itself varies from emerald green to golden yellow, which mostly depends on the moment of harvesting.
Extra virgin olive oil.
Serving size 1 tbsp (15ml). Servings per container 34. Calories 119. Fat calories 119. Total fat 14g (22%), sat. fat 2g (10%), cholesterol 0mg, sodium 0mg, total carb 0g, protein 0g. Not a significant source of dietary fiber, sugars, vitamin A and C, calcium and iron. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Clams, Fishermen (Almejas a la Marinera)
- Artichoke and Asparagus in a Green Garlic Sauce (Alcachofas y Espárragos en Salsa Verde)
- Salad of Marinated Oja Trout with Green Beans, Leek Mousse, and Lettuce Hearts (Ensalda de Trucha Marinada con Judías Verdes, Mousse de Puerros y Corazones de Lechuga)
- Pipirrana of Avocado with Flakes of Cod en Confit (Pipirrana de Aguacate con Bacalao Desmigado Confitado)
- Arbequina Olive Oil Ice Cream on a Hojiblanca Oil Cake (Helado de Aceite de Oliva Arbequina Sobre Torta de Aceite Hojiblanca)
- Lamb and Potato Confit (Confit de Cordero con Patatas)
- Ajoblanco with Grapes (Ajoblanco con Uvas)
- Fillets of Sea Bass with Cauliflower Puree and Salmon Roe (Lubina Fileteada con Puré de Coliflor y Huevas de Salmón)
- Carpaccio of Sirloin with Olive Oil, Olives and Flakes of Manchego Cheese (Carpaccio de Solomillo con Aceite de Oliva, Aceitunas y Copos de Queso Manchego)
- Shoulder of Baby Lamb (Paletilla de Lechal)
- Hazelnut Cream Soup (Sopa de Avellanas)
- Toasted Bread with Mushrooms and Alioli (Tostada de Setas y Alioli)
- Potatoes and Rabbit in the Mountain Version II (Conejo a la Montañesa)
- Jamón Serrano and Manchego Cheese Sandwich (Bocadillo de Jamón Serrano y Queso Manchego)
- Catalan Potatoes Bravas (Patatas Bravas)
- Swordfish Brochettes (Brochetas de Pez Espada)
- Scallops Baked in Their Shells (Vieiras en su Concha)
- Fine Clams with Coriander, Lemon, Garlic Confit and Japanese Pearls (Almejas con Cilantro, Limón, ajo Confitado y Perlas Japonesas)
May We Suggest
May We Suggest
- $33.95oo-41Add to cart
- $33.95oo-64Add to cart
- Sale$24.95$19.95oo-84Add to cart
- $16.95vn-31Notify when in stock
Customer ReviewsAverage rating from 4 reviews Write a review
"Worth every penny. The taste is sublime. "
Maria - Washington, DC - Jan 18, 2015
"A gift for my daughter, who has planted a young arbequina olive tree - she absolutely loved the Can Solivera....."
PATRICIA HOWELL - FRANKLIN, TN - Nov 9, 2014
"It's good enough to drink!"
Jon Haniford - Tarpon Springs, FL - Mar 3, 2013
"One of the best olive oils I have tasted. Light on the palate, but full of fruit and nut flavors. I can't get enough of it by itself on a farm bread."
GeneV - Oct 19, 2011