- Versatile semi-hard young cheese
- Made from pasteurized cow's milk
- Slightly sharp flavors of butter and salt
- From the island of Menorca
- Size - 1.7 lbs/27.2 oz
This Mahón cheese is young, when the texture is smooth and supple and the aroma is sweet and fruity. This is a versatile cheese - nice as a tapa with olives and wine or beer. Its flavor is at once sharp, buttery and slightly salty.
Mahón is a traditional semi-hard cheese, produced from cow's milk on Menorca, the outermost of the three Balearic Islands. The city of Mahón is the major town on this small agricultural island.
Traditional Mahón cheese is formed in a cheese cloth. The corners of the cloth are knotted and twisted together, which gives the cheese its typical "cushion" shape. It then matures in the cloth for several days.
You can eat it the traditional way, sliced, then sprinkled with olive oil, black pepper, and tarragon. It is also a great treat when it is melted on toast. Keep your young Mahón in the vegetable compartment of the refrigerator, wrapped in plastic wrap or waxed paper.
Pasteurized cow's milk, rennet, cheese cultures, enzymes, salt, egg white lysozyme.
Serving size 1.5 inch cube. Servings per container varied amount per serving. Calories 108, fat calories 81, total fat 9g, saturated fat 9g, cholesterol 27mg, sodium 280mg, total carb 0, protein 0, Vitamin A 5%DV, calcium 26%DV. Not a significant amount of fiber, sugar, vitamins, iron.
- Roasted Vegetable Towers and Manchego Crostini with Sherry Vinaigrette (Torres de Verduras Asadas con Crostini de Queso Manchego y Vinagreta de Jerez)
- Canapés of Quesuco Cheese with Caramelized Onion (Canapes de Queso Quesuco y Cebollas Caramelizadas)
- Couscous with Caramelized Quesuco Cheese (Couscous con Queso Quesuco Caramelizado)
- Cheese Stuffed Caperberries (Queso Relleno de Alcaparrones)
- Vegetable Soup with Mahón Cheese (Sopa de Verduras con Queso Mahon)
May We Suggest
May We Suggest
- $19.95cs-101Add to cart
- Sale$47.95$42.95cs-44Add to cart
- $29.95cs-54Add to cart
- $31.95cs-56Add to cart
Customer ReviewsAverage rating from 1 reviews Write a review
"I have been eating this kind of cheese since I was a child. Although it is a little different than the one I get in Mallorca, it is close enough. "
Micaela - Sullivan, Missouri - Jan 6, 2013