Receta de Pimientos del Piquillo con Queso - Piquillo Peppers Stuffed with Baby Manchego Cheese Recipe
La Tienda Kitchens
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
- 3jars wood-fire roasted piquillo peppers (about 20 whole peppers)
- 8oz baby Manchego cheese (or other soft cheese), cut into 1 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch strips
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Handful of chopped flat leaf parsley for garnish (optional)
Remove peppers from the jar and blot dry with paper towels. Very gently, slide one strip of baby Manchego cheese into the open end of each piquillo pepper.
Heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a medium sauté pan or skillet until hot and just barely smoking. Add the cheese stuffed peppers to the pan and brown the peppers on each side, gently turning approximately every 30 seconds, until the cheese melts.
Transfer the peppers to a plate and drizzle lightly with olive oil before serving. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Calories 430; Total Fat 27 gr (35%); Saturated Fat 13 gr (65%); Cholesterol 60 mg (20%); Sodium 1263 mg (55%); Total Carbohydrates 30 gr (11%); Fiber 0 gr; Sugars 22.6 gr; Protein 19.4 gr; Vitamin D 0%; Calcium 31%; Iron 0%; Potassium 0%.
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.