2 Packages of Rosemary & Thyme Tortas de Aceite Crisps by Ines Rosales$16.95
- Baked with rosemary and thyme
- Individually hand-wrapped
- Hand patted, baked snack
- Made in Sevilla
- #69 in Saveur magazine's Top 100!
- Size - 12 crisps - 2 x 6.34 oz/180 g
Crisp and delicate tortas de aceite are hand-made in Seville using extra virgin olive oil. A traditional Spanish snack for the last 100 years, Ines Rosales tortas are a delicious treat to enjoy any time of day. Lighter than ordinary crackers and baked with rosemary and thyme, this savory treat is great on its own but even better paired with fresh fruit or a slice of Manchego cheese.
A century ago, a woman named Ines Rosales started making olive oil tortas (tortas de aceite) by hand at her bakery next to a stagecoach stop in Sevilla. Her tortas de aceite proved so popular that before long, she could not keep up with the demand and she hired women from the local village to assist her in producing these crisp and delicate treats. She used local ingredients including extra virgin olive oil. In a short time this Andalucian specialty became known and enjoyed throughout Spain.
This tradition continues today. Originally topped with sugar and anise seeds, these rosemary and thyme tortas are a slight adaptation of the recipe Ines Rosales created almost 100 years ago. Women from the local village are still employed to hand-flatten the dough and hand-wrap the tortas that are made in small batches.
These savory rosemary and thyme crisps will remind you of the pie crust cookies your mom might have made for you when she was trimming her pie before putting it in the oven. Our moms usually topped them with cinnamon sugar, but these are lightly sprinkled with coarse sea salt. Enjoy them instead of crackers or cookies with an afternoon cup of tea.
Unbleached wheat flour, extra virgin olive oil, whole wheat flour, sugar, sea salt, thyme and rosemary.
Contains: wheat and traces of nuts (almond).
Serving size 1 piece (30g). Servings per container 6. Calories 160, total fat 9g (12%), saturated fat 1g (5%), trans fat 0g, cholesterol 0mg, sodium 50mg (2%), total carbohydrates 18g (7%), dietary fiber 1g (4%), total sugars 1g, including added sugars 1g (2%). Protein 2g. Vitamin D 0.1mcg (0%), Calcium 8.9mg (0%), Iron 0.7mcg (0%) and Potassium 45mg (0%). * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
All information listed on our website, including nutrient content information, ingredient lists, and information relating to health claims is for informational purposes only and not provided as medical advice. You should carefully read all information in the actual product packaging and labels, including for food allergen, nutrient content and qualified health claims before using or consuming a product. La Tienda does not assume any liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
May We Suggest
"Top Quality. "
Juan - Daphne, AL April 2019
"Ive gotten these before, they are delicious"
Linda - Hollywood, FL December 2018
"Every one of the Ines Rosales flavor tortas are spectacular. I used to be able to purchase locally but no longer; so happy to find them on la tienda. Excellent quality, fresh, difficult to stop eating them. Worth every penny. "
Ccherd - Chicagoland , IL November 2016
"I sent these tortas in a care package for my daughter, who spent a semester in Sevilla. She pronounced them wonderful. She sprinkled a little manchego cheese and diced ham on her torta, popped in the oven for about five minutes, and had a delicious, quick dinner. I will definitely order again. "
Cindy - North Canton, OH November 2016
"I love these things. A local grocer has them but is not careful in storing them, and they are often rancid.... Yours were just right."
ROBERT - Stockton, CA March 2015
Stephanie - Pittsburgh, PA January 2015
"Let me add my voice to the chorus: These tortas are delightful. Subtly flavored, delicately crunchy - and downright addictive. I defy you to eat just one!"
embo - Richmond, VA February 2014
Yvonne - Monroe, LA February 2013
"Crispy little flatbread, loaded with flavor. The rosemary is fragrant. Great with coffee or tea. I like that they are each wrapped individually, so they do not crumble in the mail. So fresh tasting."
Victoria - Campbell, CA February 2013
"This was the first time I had tasted the Rosemary and Thyme tortas. They have a great taste and can be used as a dessert but I think they're great with wine or beer. "
Emily - Jackson, NJ February 2013
"These are fantastic! Light, crispy, and delicious. Perfect with a salad, great with appetizers, and they freeze well, too, with no loss of quality. Wonderful!"
Judy - December 2011
"wonderful flavor by itself or with cheeses and spreads"
ckp - April 2011
"excellent flavor of rosemary "
kimberley - July 2010