Lovely floral undertones mingle with spices of vanilla and oak, and flavors are of ripe black berries and rose petals. This grand and highly impressive Tempranillo is velvety, surprisingly delicate, and closes with outstanding clarity and length. These vines reportedly range from 80 to more than 140 years of age. Winemaker Íñigo was trained at the University of Bordeaux in France and provides the same intuition that makes those wines so fantastic into these with the Spanish influences we all adore. 93 points, International Wine Cellar.
Ribeye steak, romesco sauce, paella, bacon, Havarti cheese and portobello mushrooms.
- Variety: 90% Tempranillo and 10% Graciano
- Region: Rioja
- Producer: Conde de Hervias
- Country: Spain
- Type: Red
- Production: Lutte Raisonnée
- Cellaring tips: Drink it now or hold through 2029
- Tech talk: Fermented in stainless steel, aged for 14 month in 80% French oak barrels and 20% American oak.
All wine is sold and shipped separately through La Tienda’s wine partner, Maison Corbeaux (Barbary Coast Merchants, LLC), which is the seller of record. All taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
* This product is not eligible for promotional offers or discounts.