- Hand painted in Spain
- Ivory white background
- Classic 16th century pattern
- From the village of El Puente del Arzobispo
- Dishwasher safe, food safe, lead free
- Size - 9 inches wide
This delightful bowl was painted by hand in the small village of El Puente del Arzobispo. The ivory white background and blue brushstroke design are an elegant addition to any table. Your favorite soup, salad or pasta will be beautifully presented in this shallow bowl.
A small group of artisans hand-paint every line and figure on each bowl. This design finds its roots in the 16th century and features a wild rabbit in the countryside.
We found this design on a recent visit to the tiny workshop where our friend Belén supervises a small group of artists. We were looking at her latest patterns when we noticed a plate painted with elegant blue designs. She informed us that this was the original design from the 16th century! While bright, colorful designs are more common now, she continues to produce this original style, almost unchanged over the centuries.
El Puente del Arzobispo is a beautiful little village in the countryside not far from Toledo. It is well known for its wildlife, which is reflected in the ceramics designs. The original artisans could not afford expensive bright glazes, so the subtle blue was the most common color in their ceramics. We visited the local museum and found plates from 400 years ago with designs almost identical to what they are painting today.
This plate is lead free and food safe. While these plates are dishwasher safe, you may want to hand wash them to prevent the glaze from fading over time.
- Sale$47.95$39.95cm-119Add to cart
- Sale$29.95$23.95cm-127Add to cart
- Sale$47.95$39.95cm-117Add to cart
- Sale$39.95$33.95cm-121Add to cart
- Sale$29.95$23.95cm-125Add to cart
- Sale$47.95$37.95cm-118Add to cart
- Sale$39.95$35.95cm-122Add to cart
- Sale$29.95$24.95cm-126Add to cart
- Sale$47.95$39.95cm-120Add to cart
- $39.95cm-124Add to cart
- Sale$29.95$24.95cm-128Add to cart