Cart Panel

Gift Tin of Tortas de Aceite Crisps by Ines Rosales

$9.95$8.95
New Sale

Gift Tin of Tortas de Aceite Crisps by Ines Rosales

Olive Oil Tortas from Sevilla | CO-86

All Natural

co-86 co-86
  • In Stock
$9.95$8.95
 
Write a review
  • 5 hand-shaped crisp cookies
  • Classic gift tin (design varies)
  • Light and crispy, individually wrapped
  • Sprinkled with anise, sesame & sugar
  • Made in Sevilla by Ines Rosales
  • Size - 5 crisps per package - 5.29 oz/150 gr

A delightful gift, these classic tins are filled with handmade tortas de aceite, the famous light and flaky crisps from Sevilla. Each crisp is sprinkled with sugar and anise seeds, then baked until golden and wrapped by hand in wax paper. Serve with hot tea or coffee, or as a light dessert.

In 1910, Ines Rosales started to make olive oil tortas (tortas de aceite) by hand and sold them at the train station in Sevilla. As their fame grew, she needed help, so she hired women from the local village to help her make these delicate and crisp treats. She used local ingredients including extra virgin olive oil and anise seeds. Soon after, this Andalucian specialty became famous throughout Spain.

Today the tradition continues. Ines Rosales tortas de aceite are still made by hand with the same recipe Ines Rosales invented over 100 years ago. Women from the local village are still employed to hand-flatten and hand wrap the tortas.

Note that your tortas de aceite will arrive in one of four classic decorative tins. Sorry, particular tin designs cannot be selected.

Ingredients

Unbleached wheat flour, extra virgin olive oil, sugar, anise seeds, sesame seeds, yeast, sea salt and natural aniseed essence.

Contains: wheat.

Nutritional Information

Serving size 1 piece (30g). Servings per container 5. Calories 160, total fat 8g (10%), Saturated fat 1g (5%), Trans fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 40mg (2%), Total carbohydrates 19g (7%), Dietary fiber 1g (4%), total sugars 4g, including added sugars 3g (6%). Protein 2g. Vitamin D 0.1mcg (0%), Calcium 7mg (0%), Iron 0mcg (0%) and Potassium 35mg (0%). * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

All information listed on our website, including nutrient content information, ingredient lists, and information relating to health claims is for informational purposes only and not provided as medical advice. You should carefully read all information in the actual product packaging and labels, including for food allergen, nutrient content and qualified health claims before using or consuming a product. La Tienda does not assume any liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.

May We Suggest

The Best of Spain