- Hand harvested and sun dried
- Easily dissolves into food
- Fluffy, light crystals
- Versatile for use in a variety of dishes
- (Salt holder not included)
- Size - 2.2 lbs/ 1 kilo
Our Flor de Sal is the highest quality sea salt available. Harvested by hand from the Bay of Cádiz, it is an essential ingredient in the kitchens of chefs all over the world. Its fluffy, light crystals are perfect for seasoning almost any recipe imaginable.
Salina San Vicente is one of the last remaining companies producing salt in the salt fields above the Bay of Cádiz. Manuel Ruiz, his wife Reglín and their children are the fourth generation of the Ruiz family to run Salina San Vicente.
The medium sized crystals of this flor de sal dissolve easily. Great for seasoning salads, meat, fish or pasta, this salt is so versatile you'll want to keep it by the stove and on the table. This extra large 1 kilo bag is perfect for filling your favorite shaker or salt cellar.
For the last 3,000 years, numerous civilizations have used these small salt flats in the Bay of Cádiz. Only 60 acres in diameter, the flats take advantage of strong, constant winds from the Sahara Desert in Africa that facilitate the evaporation of seawater.
To harvest the salt of Salina San Vicente, briny seawater from the Bay of Cádiz is channeled into elongated ponds, where it remains for about six weeks. During this time, the salt is concentrated through evaporation and the salt acts as a natural purifier - leaving a very clean saline water that will eventually produce flor de sal.
The saline water constantly flows from one pond to another through gravity. No machinery or water pumps are necessary to facilitate the process.
The salt harvest begins in the hot months of July and August each year. Every evening, flor de sal, or 'flower of the salt', is gathered from the surface of the water. Clean and delicate, with a unique flavor, flor de sal delights food lovers around the world. After hand picking, the flor de sal is sun dried and sieved to remove all impurities. The salt is never washed and contains trace minerals including iodine, iron and calcium.
- Octopus and Potatoes (Pulpo con Cachelos)
- La Deu Homestyle Potatoes (Patatas Artesanas de la Deu)
- Mushroom-Stuffed Pig (Manitas de Cerdo con Champiñones y Salsa de Nabo)
- Calanda Peaches with a Meringue Topping (Melocotones de Calanda Rellenos con Merengue)
- Lamb Nibbles with Cabrales Cheese (Bocaditos de Cordero con Queso Cabrales)
- Char-grilled Artichokes (Alcachofas a la Parrilla)
- Fried Tope Shark in Oregano Marinade (Cazón en Adobo)
- Cream of Avocado with Shavings of Foie Gras (Crema de Aguacate con Láminas de Foie Gras)
- Mosaic of Avocado and Salmon in Gelatin with Dill Sauce (Medallón de Aguacate y Salmón con Gelatina y Salsa de Eneldo)
- Avocados with Carpaccio of Cecina (Aguacates con Carpaccio de Cecina)
- Rice with Fresh Tuna and Prawns (Arroz con Atún Fresco y Gambas)
- Valencian Paella (Arroz en Paella a la Valenciana)
- Rice with Langoustines (Cazuela de Arroz con Langostinos)
- Fresh Pasta with Truffles and Poached Egg (Pasta fresca con Trufas y Huevos Escalfados)
- Duck Liver Pate (Foie de Pato al Pedro Ximenez)
- Cabbage Stuffed with Marinated Cod (Repollo Relleno de Bacalao con Ajada)
- Cauliflower al Ajoarriero (Coliflor al Ajoarriero)
- Stewed Peppers (Pimientos Estofados)
- Ventresca Tuna & Jamón Serrano on Toast with Braised Onions (Tosta de Ventresca de Atún y Jamón Serrano con Cebollas Estofadas)
- Green Gazpacho from La Axarquía Málaga (Gazpacho Verde de la Axarquía Málaga)
- Steamed Loin Fillets of Turbot in a White Wine Sauce (Rodaballo al Vapor con Salsa de Vino Blanco)
- Grilled Sirloin with Four Sauces (Solomillo a la Parilla a las Cuatro Salsas)
- Carpaccio of Sirloin with Olive Oil, Olives and Flakes of Manchego Cheese (Carpaccio de Solomillo con Aceite de Oliva, Aceitunas y Copos de Queso Manchego)
- Pasta with Three Goat Cheeses (Pasta a los Tres Quesos de Cabra)
- Tomato Aspic with Jamón Serrano (Aspic de Tomate con Jamón Serrano)
- Spanish Style Mixed Salad (Ensalada Mixta a la Española)
- Jamón Serrano with Melon (Jamón Serrano con Melón)
- Toasted Bread with Mushrooms and Alioli (Tostada de Setas y Alioli)
- Alioli Garlic Mayonnaise (Alioli)
- Piquillo Harissa (Salsa Harissa de Piquillo)
- Fried Tomato Sauce (Sofrito de Tomate)
- Grilled Shrimp Wrapped in Serrano Ham (Gambas a la Parilla Envueltas en Jamón Serrano)
- Catalan Potatoes Bravas (Patatas Bravas)
- Mixed Seafood Paella (Paella de Marisco)
- Warm Salad of Scallops, Coral Foam and Lemon Ketchup (Ensalada Templada de Vieiras, Espuma de Coral y Ketchup de Limón)
- Lemon-flavored Potato Chips (Patatas Fritas con Sabor a Limón)