- Packed in sea salt
- No vinegar or preservatives
- Rinse before using
- Great with salads, fish or soups
- Size - 12.9 oz/370 gr
Capers are special. Tangy and bright, delicate but flavorful, they add that extra touch that moves a dish from good to great. And the way to enjoy capers at their best is packed in sea salt.
All capers, which are flower buds from the caper plant, are packed in salt originally, an ancient way to preserve this delicate food. Once they are cleaned and repackaged in water or vinegar, they begin to lose their intensity of flavor. That is why we prefer to use these capers packed in sea salt, so we can rinse them and use them at their peak flavor level.
Capers add a nice complexity to green salads and soups, fish and potato salads. They are also great cooked - saute a handful of capers in butter until it browns and pour this simple sauce over a freshly cooked fillet of fish, or sprinkle some in your next stew. Once you get the taste for these savory capers you will be using them every day.
Remember to rinse them in cool water to remove the extra sea salt. If you would like even less salt, soak in cold water for about 20 minutes.
Capers and salt.
- Fillets of Hake with a Garlic Emulsion and Hojiblanca Oil Sauces (Filetes de Merluza con Alioli)
- Roasted Piquillo Pepper, Caper, Anchovy and Basil Salad (Ensalada de Pimientos Asados, Alcaparras, Anchoas y Albahaca)
- Caper Dressing (Aliño de Alcaparras)
- Tuna Salad with Roasted Piquillo Peppers (Ensalada de Atún con Pimientos Asados)
- Potato Salad (Ensaladilla)
- Warm Salad of Scallops, Coral Foam and Lemon Ketchup (Ensalada Templada de Vieiras, Espuma de Coral y Ketchup de Limón)
May We Suggest
May We Suggest
Customer ReviewsAverage rating from 4 reviews Write a review
"As good as I can find anywhere."
James L Smith - Los Alamos, NM - Nov 8, 2015
Keith Winchell - Tucson, AZ - Nov 8, 2015
"These are the BEST Capers I have ever had!!! They really enhance a dish requiring Capers and are not overpowering."
Bob - Oxnard, California - Jan 6, 2013
"WOW...too salty!!! From La Tienda: Remember to gently wash these in water before eating..."
Coslada - Sep 2, 2011