- Round, crisp and velvety aroma
- Aged for at least 5 years
- Great as an aperitif or with dessert
- Size - 750 ml
Made with Oloroso sherry sweetened with a touch of Pedro Ximénez, the Bodegas Gutierrez Colosia Cream sherry is dark in color with a round, crisp and velvety aroma. Aged for at least 5 years, it has the same nutty flavors as the Oloroso with a creamy, balanced sweetness that makes it perfect as an aperitif or dessert wine. Served chilled, it's a great match to a variety of pastries and desserts.
COMPOSITION: Palomino and Pedro Ximénez
ABOUT THE PRODUCER:
For nearly 200 years, Bodegas Gutierrez Colosia has grown grapes for sherry in the city of El Puerto de Santa Maria. Located in the province of Cadiz, El Puerto de Santa Maria's unique micro-climate is the perfect environment needed for aging sherry and developing the "flor" layer of yeast that gives sherry its unique taste and aroma.
Bodegas Gutierrez Colosia was founded in 1838 on the mouth of the Guadalete river. The climate and ocean winds here create an ideal environment for the aging of the Bodega's wines.
Traditionally they sold their sherry supply to larger sherry houses who would blend and bottle the wine. In 1997, Bodegas Gutierrez Colosia, followed the lead of other small sherry suppliers and began to bottle the wine themselves in order to preserve the uniqueness of their vineyard's micro-climate.
- Ibérico Pork Sirloin in Orange Sauce with Pedro Ximénez (Solomillo de Cerdo Ibérico con Salsa de Naranja y Pedro Ximénez)
- Duck (Foie de Pato al Pedro Ximenez)
- Pedro Ximénez Bavarois (Crema Bávara al Pedro Ximenez)
- Lobster with a Dressing of Pedro Ximénez and Sherry Vinegar (Bogavante con Aliño de Vinagre de Jerez al Pedro Ximenez)
- Stewed Turresilano Farmyard Fowl (Gallo de Corral Turresilano)
- Two Turrón Ice Cream (Helado a los dos Turrones)
- Norway Lobster, Citric Coral Jelly, Soupy Rice (Arroz Caldoso con Cigalas y Gelatina Cítrica de Coral)
- Cuttlefish, Almonds, Young Green Beans and Cocoa Sauce (Sepia al Punto con Almendras Tiernas y Cacao)
May We Suggest
May We Suggest
Customer ReviewsAverage rating from 2 reviews Write a review
"a bit cloying with a heavy, powdery residue, but still quite good. this was a family favorite. I would love to find the Colosia Amontillado here as well, for those with a greater aversion to sweetness. for me, this was just fine."
beth - New York, NY
"I was lucky enough to get the chance to try this at a Whole Foods event, and I just fell in LOVE with this sherry. It's creamy, delectably smooth, rich but not too too heavy.. just perfect! I'd recommend Colosia Cream Sherry to anyone- and do! :D"