- Made with 100% Albarino grapes
- Dry with lemon and pink grapefruit flavors
- Great introduction to the white wines of Rias Baixas
89 Points - [Refers to 2011 vintage] - "Light yellow-gold. Highly aromatic, complex bouquet evokes pear, white peach, melon and white flowers. Round and supple in texture, with deep honeydew and pit fruit flavors that expand with air. Finishes smooth and sappy, with lingering peach and floral notes. On the rich side for albarino but in no way lacking energy." -Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar
COMPOSITION: 100% Albariño
90 Points - [Refers to 2009 vintage] - "Pale yellow. High-pitched citrus fruits and minerals on the nose, with hints of honeysuckle and green apple coming up with air. Spicy and precise on the palate, offering tangy lemon and pink grapefruit qualities and brisk minerality. Dry, incisive, pure wine with a long, mineral-driven finish." -Josh Raynolds, International Wine Cellar.
88 Points - [Refers to 2009 vintage] - "With a full body and a silky texture, this feels solid and polished on the palate, offering modest apple and melon flavors, with butter and herb accents. Drink now. 5,000 cases made." -Wine Spectator
ABOUT THE PRODUCER:
This albariño, by renowned producer Morgadio, is an immediately accessible introduction to the famous white wines of Rias Baixas.
In 1984 a farm named "Morgadio" in the Rias Baixas sub-district of Condado do Tea near the aldea of Albeos was consolidated from multiple existing owners, and planting began. The vineyard area was gradually expanded to its current 50 acres. Within Rias Baixas there are three subdistricts: El Rosal and Val do Salnas on Galicia's rainy Atlantic coast, a situation remarkably reminiscent of Germany's Rheingau. Condado's benign climate, southern exposure and soil of brilliantly-reflective granite sand serve to maximize the Albariño's concentration.
Just in time for the 1988 harvest, Morgadio finished a state- of-the-art gravity-flow facility at the bottom of the vineyard amphitheater which includes pneumatic presses and isothermic stainless steel tanks.
- Artichokes with Clams (Alcachofas con Almejas)
- Breast of Duck with Calanda Peach and Pepper Sauce (Pechuga de Pato con Salsa de Pimiento y Melocotones de Calanda)
- Pigs Feet with Broad Beans and Mangetout Cooked in Cornicabra Olive Oil (Manitas de Cerdo a la Jardinera con Habas y Guisantes Frescos)
- Stewed Turresilano Farmyard Fowl (Gallo de Corral Turresilano)
- Onions Stuffed with Tuna Fish (Cebollas Rellenas de Atún)
- Steamed Loin Fillets of Turbot in a White Wine Sauce (Rodaballo al Vapor con Salsa de Vino Blanco)
- Prawns in a Spicy Sauce (Gambas en Salsa Picante)
- Stuffed Mussels (Mejillones Rellenos [Tigres])