- 1/4medium sweet onion, diced
- 1/8cup sherry vinegar
- 1package Pimentón de La Vera Smoked Paprika Macaroni
- 1/8cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3ounces Spanish chorizo, diced
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4cup roasted piquillo peppers, chopped
- 1 1/2teaspoons lemon zest
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
Mix diced onion and sherry vinegar together in small bowl and let stand for at least 15 minutes to lightly pickle the onions.
Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until tender, about 6-7 minutes. Drain pasta well and allow it to cool to room temperature. Once cool, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
While pasta is boiling, cook chorizo in small skillet over medium-high heat until chorizo is crisp. During last minute of cooking, stir in garlic.
Toss pasta with chorizo and garlic mixture, olive oil, parsley, green onions, piquillo peppers and lemon zest. Drain onions and add to salad. Season with sea salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Serve immediately at room temperature or assemble one day in advance and refrigerate. Return to room temperature before serving.