- Freshly sliced daily at our facilities
- Spain’s most popular ham
- Cured in Spain, 12-18 months
- Open and serve at room temperature
- USDA inspected
- Size - 6 oz package
Jamón Serrano is a passion in Spain, where every restaurant and tapas bar features Serrano hams ready to be sliced. The hams are cured for well over a year in the mountains of Spain, and have a complex flavor and mild saltiness that make jamón one of our favorite tapas. We slice imported ham extra thinly, so that you can enjoy the true taste of Serrano. And since we slice daily, our Peregrino jamón is the freshest you can get.
Our favorite way to enjoy Jamón Serrano is simple - on a warm platter with some good crusty bread and a glass of Spanish wine. A bocadillo sandwich is another classic Spanish treat – simply cut a fresh baguette in half, drizzle with olive oil and add sliced Serrano ham, perhaps with some slices of Manchego cheese. Once you get the taste for jamón, there are dozens of ways to enjoy it – wrapped around melon, diced and cooked with vegetables, sprinkled on fresh salads or added to paella or pasta, to name a few.
Over thousands of years the people of Spain developed the ideal method to preserve ham as a way to save meat for the coming winter. The hams are salted, and then hung in mountain curing rooms where they experience the changing seasons, losing up to 40% of their fat and developing deep, complex flavors. They continue to be cured using these same techniques, albeit with the benefits of modern technology.
We are proud to offer the freshest sliced jamón in the country. Instead of buying sliced meat in Spain, we bring the hams to our facilities and slice them weekly to ensure the freshest most flavorful Serrano you can buy. Our sliced Serrano ham is fully cured and ready to serve with no cooking necessary. In the original unopened package, these slices will stay fresh for weeks, if not longer.
Ham, sea salt, sodium nitrite and potassium nitrate.
Serving size, 1oz. (28g) Servings per container, 6. Calories 280, calories from fat 30. Total fat 3.5g (6%), saturated fat 1g (6%), cholesterol 30mg (10%), Sodium 310mg (13%), total carbs 0g (0%), protein 9g. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Scallops au Gratin, Galician Style (Vieiras Gratinadas a la Gallega)
- Vegetable Stew (Estofado de Verduras)
- Zarangollo with Cured Beef and Serena Cheese Sauce (Zarangollo con Cecina de Vaca y Salsa de Queso de la Serena)
- Vegetable Stew with Serrano Ham (Guiso de Verduras y Jamón Serrano)
- Salad of Marinated Oja Trout with Green Beans, Leek Mousse, and Lettuce Hearts (Ensalda de Trucha Marinada con Judías Verdes, Mousse de Puerros y Corazones de Lechuga)
- Andalusian Vegetable Pot (Puchero Andaluz de Verduras)
- Avocados with Carpaccio of Cecina (Aguacates con Carpaccio de Cecina)
- Salamanca-Style Broad Beans (Habas a la Salamantina)
- Zamora-Style Rice (Arroz al Estilo de Zamora)
- Chopped Savoury (Picadillo)
- Broccoli, Cauliflower and Romanesco Cauliflower with Warm Ham Vinaigrette (Brécol, Coliflor y Romanesco con Vinagreta Templada de Jamón)
- Empanada Pork Pie (Pastel de Carne)
- Ventresca Tuna & Jamón Serrano on Toast with Braised Onions (Tosta de Ventresca de Atún y Jamón Serrano con Cebollas Estofadas)
- Salmorejo - Thick Gazpacho with Jamon, Boiled Eggs and Roasted Peppers (Salmorejo)
- Ajoblanco with Grapes (Ajoblanco con Uvas)
- Sticks of Ham with Honey (Palitos de Jamón con Miel)
- Sweet and Sour Ibérico Ham Salad (Ensalada Agridulce de Jamón Ibérico)
- East Wind, West Wind Spaghetti (Espaguetis Viento del Este, Viento del Oeste)
- Baked Leeks with Ibérico Ham Wafers (Puerros Asados en Obleas de Jamón Ibérico)
- Maragato Stew (Cocido Maragato)
- Duelos y Quebrantos (Duelos y Quebrantos)
- Rioja Vegetable Medley (Menestras de Verduras a la Riojana)
- Trout Navarre Style (Trucha a la Navarra)
- Tomato Aspic with Jamón Serrano (Aspic de Tomate con Jamón Serrano)
- Asparagus Wrapped in Jamón Serrano (Espárragos Envueltos en Jamón Serrano)
- Croquetas de Jamón Serrano (Croquetas de Jamón Serrano)
- Jamón Serrano with Melon (Jamón Serrano con Melón)
- Gazpacho — Homemade from Jerez de la Frontera (Gazpacho Jerezano)
- Mixed Paella - Version II (Paella Mixta - Versión II)
- Tortilla Milagros (Tortilla Milagros)
- Grilled Shrimp Wrapped in Serrano Ham (Gambas a la Parilla Envueltas en Jamón Serrano)
- Jamón Serrano and Manchego Cheese Sandwich (Bocadillo de Jamón Serrano y Queso Manchego)
- Catalan Toast with Tomato and Jamón (Pa amb Tomaquet (Pan Con Tomate))
- Lentils from Upper Aragon (Lentejas del Alto Aragón)
May We Suggest
May We Suggest
Customer ReviewsAverage rating from 58 reviews Write a review
"This is my go to when I just have to have serrano ham. Always delicious."
BARBARA PETROV - SAN CARLOS, CA - Jul 12, 2015
"Simply the best product I have ever eaten. It's a "WOW" experience"
Robert Stalcup - Coto de Caza, CA - Jul 11, 2015
"I love the serrano ham."
Alicia Maxwell - Edgewater, MD - Jun 7, 2015
maritza rodriguez - west new york, NJ - May 10, 2015
"It is as if I am back in Spain."
Jennifer HENDERSON - FALLS CHURCH, Virginia - Apr 20, 2015
Dawn WIRTH - NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA - Apr 12, 2015
"All my items taste great, just like when I was in SPAIN!! Everything arrived on time as you said, and in EXCELLENT condition. VERY FRESH!!!! LOVE EVERYTHING!!! Bea"
Isabel Salazar - Stockton, California - Mar 17, 2015
"I bought the ham, sausage, and purple garlic for my son-in-law for his birthday. He was delighted and even took a bite of the garlic right out of the jar! I'll certainly be shopping with you again."
Caro Feagin - Stone Mountain, GA - Mar 9, 2015
"only problem is the package is too small !!"
Jean-Noel C - Charlotte, NC - Feb 16, 2015
"excellent melts in your mouth "
JERRY TOBIAS - SOUND BEACH, NY - Feb 1, 2015
GEORGE RODRIGUEZ - CHESAPEAKE, VA - Dec 29, 2014
"goes great with cheese on baguette"
Carlos URIARTE - HAYWARD, California - Dec 28, 2014
"Very good all I ordered was great and will order again"
EDNA FERNANDEZ - DELTONA, FL - Dec 28, 2014
"Our daughter's favorite. Should have bought more "
KATHY RECTOR - WILLIS, TX - Dec 21, 2014
SARAH CROWE - EAST AURORA, NY - Dec 14, 2014
"Excellent, as always."
Frances Kerwin - Beach Lake, PA - Dec 14, 2014
ANGELO CHAVES - SHELTON, CT - Nov 27, 2014
"Excellent ham with a subtle yet tasty flavor. Very good alone or with cheese."
Janet B. - GERMANTOWN, MD - Nov 16, 2014
"This ham is delicious! Never tasted anything like it. Will definitely order again"
Kathryn Spagna - Springfield, MA - Nov 9, 2014
"Great tasting jamon, especially with manchego and rioja wine"
michael sueiro - greenport, NY - Oct 17, 2014
"OMG I could just sit down and eat the whole package my self"
DIANE KAZI - HOCKESSIN, DE - Jul 22, 2014
"More tender than the Iberico, and I liked the flavor very much! A little goes a long way, though."
Mark Bass - Portage, MI - Jun 8, 2014
"Perfect, the ham was just like what I recently had in Spain. "
LARISSA FLYNN - VINEYARD HAVEN - May 18, 2014
"The best jamon I've ever tasted!"
ROBERT CONABOY - RENO, Nevada - Apr 7, 2014
"Great product! Just got back from Barcelona and wanted my wife to try some of Spain's amazing cuisine. This was spot on!"
Andrew Hnath - Loganville, GA - Mar 28, 2014
Ana Maria Gutierrez - Arlington, VA - May 20, 2013
"Perfect - Just like Spain Thank you"
STEPHEN AMBROSE - Longmomt, CO - May 5, 2013
"Good, but not like having it fresh in Spain."
CELESTE FARRON - MOUNTAIN HOUSE, CA - Apr 14, 2013
"great taste and flavor"
BOBBY WALTERS - MOULTRIE, GA - Mar 24, 2013
Marina Bounds - Drexel Hill, PA - Mar 18, 2013
"Loved the taste. Outstanding."
STEVEN CANTER - NEWTON CENTER, MA - Mar 10, 2013
jordan schultz - Lopez Island, WA - Feb 11, 2013
"Good and flavorful. Almost like in the Spanish tapa restaurants."
Lee - Honolulu, Hawaii - Jan 14, 2013
"Perfect for all holiday traditions."
Robert - Gardena, California - Jan 7, 2013
"My husband and I paired this with a nice rioja and ate this as tapas with the manchego cheese. Delicious is an understatement! Next time we want to try the iberico and iberico de bellota."
mmny - South Setauket, New York - Jan 6, 2013
"I'm sure this is a wonderful ham, however, we couldn't get used to it. It wasn't what I expected. "
J Scheumann - Hoagland, Indiana - Jan 6, 2013
"I enjoy this and keep thinking of new ways to use it. Jamon Serrano--excellent. What I most like is being able to purchase a smaller amount that suits my needs. Thank you, Don!!!"
Carol S. - CAMDEN, New Jersey - Dec 19, 2012
"This is a must if you want a tasteful sandwich!"
Fatima Carreira - Lincoln University, Pennsylvania - Aug 12, 2012
"This jamon makes fabulous sandwiches. Add a little Manchego and you approach perfection!"
Edward - Shelton, Connecticut - Aug 5, 2012
Sherri Zufall - Arvada, Colorado - Jun 10, 2012
"Excellent. Just returned from Spain May 2012 and discovered La Tienda. Thanks for providing the real deal!"
James - Tampa, Florida - Jun 8, 2012
"We never had tried this before. It arrived cool in the shipping container. We found it to be very good and tasty."
Diane - Dec 26, 2011
"We didn't care for this in raw form, but fried crisp, it is outstanding!"
Linda - Nov 13, 2011
"Very nice Serrano ham. Similar to what I had in Madrid."
didi - Jul 14, 2011
"Reeely, Reeely GOOD!!"
Tod A. Daniels - May 29, 2011
"Found out I really enjoy Sliced Jamon Serrano. It is soooooo good, I will definitely order it again."
Yum, Yum in CA - Mar 9, 2011
"very good, wrapped well"
ggottloeb - Feb 7, 2011
"Wrapped these slices around shrimp and grilled for an appetizer. Delicious flavor. "
Jeff - Feb 6, 2011
"It's a great Jamon Serrano, taste really good, with the perfect salt point. It reminds me all Jamon I've been eating all my live in Spain. Maybe would be perfect if the package comes with plastic film between Jamon slices to make easy to separate the slices before eating."
Manel - Dec 6, 2010
"Eating this makes me feel like I'm back in Spain. I love the flavor of this ham. I wonder if the caloric content information on the package is correct. When I checked other sources, it seemed to be lower. "
Susan - Nov 15, 2010
"Not as expected. Sorry."
Miguel - Sep 30, 2010
"Excellent quality--just like I remembered from my time living in Madrid! I will definitely be ordering this product again. "
Diane - Sep 16, 2010
Sharyl Perkett - Aug 23, 2010
"The jamon was lacking in taste for my preference, due maybe to the preservatives. The ham is decent though."
Jeremy - Jul 18, 2010
"Excellent flavor and lean"
s. cook - May 16, 2010
"it shipped very well, in an ice pack, and was fresh and flavorful, right on time for a party I threw"
Steve Carlson - May 16, 2010
Dennis E Kenney - Aug 28, 2009
Patrick Querry - Aug 19, 2008