- Premium first cold pressed olive oil
- Coupage of Hojiblanca and Arbequina oils
- Buttery and mild with herbal, nutty flavors
- Silver Medal at The NY Olive Oil Competition
- Branded with the famous Osborne bull
- Size - 16.9 oz/500 ml
This attractive bottle holds a very special extra virgin olive oil. It is a coupage of the juice of two excellent mild olives, Arbequina and Hojiblanca. The resulting oil is fruity and aromatic with subtle almond flavors, perfect for fresh salads and for sauteing vegetables and seafood.
The key to the fresh, fruity flavor of this olive oil is the careful handling of the ripe olives. They are harvested at the perfect time to capture the optimal flavor and quality and pressed within six hours of being picked. Very fresh olives retain all the beneficial vitamins and antioxidants that not only taste wonderful but are a proven healthy part of the Mediterranean diet.
Each bottle is branded with the famous Osborne Bull logo, a symbol of Spanish quality. The creator of this olive oil is from the Osborne sherry family, and is proud to display the famed bull on his cherished product. The bull symbol originated as huge billboards advertising brandy in the 1960s, and to this day you can see these elegant silhouettes across Spain.
The family that produces Ego Sum has been growing olives since the 19th century near the small village of Viso del Marqués, in the region of Castilla La Mancha. There they tend more than 12,000 trees, using the knowledge of generations paired with modern techniques to create a healthy, flavorful and pure extra virgin olive oil.
Store your olive oil in a cool place away from light or heat. Fresh olive oil is best used within a few weeks of opening to enjoy its fullest flavor and healthy properties.
-Prestige Gold Award Terra Olivo 2014 (Israel)
-Gold Award Olive Japan 2014
-Silver Olive Award Oil China 2014
-Silver Award II International New York Olive Oil Competition 2014
-Guia Flos Olei 2014
-Gold Award I International New York Olive Oil Competition 2013
- Broad Bean Omelette (Tortilla de Habas)
- Chickpea Flour Fritter of Guadalquivir Shrimp and Onion (Tortillita de Camarones)
- White Haricot Beans with Hare and Oyster Mushrooms (Alubias Blancas con Liebre y Champiñón Ostra)
- Sole Stuffed with Fried Vegetables (Lenguado Relleno de Verduras Fritas)
- Valle del Esla Beef Cheek Stew (Guiso de Carrillada del Valle del Elsa)
- Prawns in a Spicy Sauce (Gambas en Salsa Picante)
- Sirloin Steaks with Stewed Onion and Sweet Mustard (Filetes de Solomillo con Cebolla Estofada y Mostaza Dulce)
- Santiago Mussels (Mejillones de Santiago)
- Alioli Garlic Mayonnaise (Alioli)
- Romesco Sauce (Catalan Pepper Sauce) (Salsa Romesco)
- Marinated Fresh Anchovies (Boquerones en Vinagre)
- Braised Partridge with Mushrooms and Chestnuts (Perdiz Braseado con Champiñones y Castañas)
- Lentil and Chorizo Stew (Lentejas con Chorizo)
- Lamb Chops with Garlic Potatoes (Chuletas de Cordero con Patatas al Ajillo)
- Medallions of Fallow Deer with Green Caramelized Apples (Medallones de lomo de Corzo con Manzanas Verdes Caramelizadas)
- Tuna Belly Steak with Sun-dried Tomato Juice and Scallion Seedlings (Filete de Bonito con Jugo de Tomate Seco y Cebolleta)
- Baked Potatoes with Mild Alioli (Patatas al Horno con Alioli Suave)