La Tienda in the Press
The New York Times Magazine - November 2006
The New Staples
Fresh (cand cured) ways to sweeten the pot
1. Rose petal jam, $10 for about 13 ounces. At Formaggio Essex, 120 Essex Street. Or go to www.formaggio-kitchen.com.
2. Parmigiano butter, $4 for 8 ounces. At Zabar's, 2245 Broadway. Call (212) 787-2000.
3. Baharat seven-spice mix, $6 for 4 ounces. At Kalustyan's, 123 Lexington Avenue. Call (800) 352-3451.
4. Buckwheat honey, $14 for 8 ounces. Go to www.beeraw.com.
5. Lomo Ibérico de Bellota, $97 a pound. Go to www.tienda.com.
6. Fuzzy melon, available at most Asian grocery stores; 65 cents as pound from the WK Vegetable Companu, 124-6 Mott Street. Call (212) 334-4603.
Read full article...
Lomo Ibérico de Bellota by Fermín$116.95 IC-09
Acorn-fed, Free-range, About 1.3 lbs - APPROX PRICE - Final Price $90.00/lb
Sliced Lomo Ibérico de Bellota by Peregrino$39.95 IC-10
Exquisite Dry-Cured Ibérico de Bellota Pork Loin
Sliced Jamón Ibérico de Bellota by Peregrino$47.95 JM-52
Acorn-fed Free-range Ham, Freshly Sliced Every Week - 3 oz
Jamón Tasting Trio of Sliced Ham $88.95 JM-25
Compare All Three of Spain's Great Hams!