- Oak barrel aged
- Bright, complex, flavorful
- Family owned bodega
- 7% acidity
- Size - 2 x 12.68 fl oz/375 ml
Gutierrez Colosia sherry vinegar has a bright, balanced flavor that brings out the best in your salads, gazpacho and other dishes. Extensive oak aging in the traditional 'solera' system adds layers of nuance and flavor not found in other vinegars. This sherry vinegar has a light color and a refreshing acidity with very little sweetness - this is a dry vinegar.
The Gutierrez Colosia bodega is a boutique, family owned winery focused on creating artisan sherry wines. Sherries are aged using the solera process, which moves part of each vintage from oak barrel to oak barrel over years, balancing the flavors of different harvests to create a complex, profound wine. The same aging process is used for sherry vinegar.
The best way to serve this excellent vinegar is paired with a top quality extra virgin olive oil on a fresh salad or grilled vegetables. It is a key ingredient for making great gazpacho, and is great for cooked dishes as well.
Bodegas Gutierrez Colosia used to age sherry and sell it to larger producers, but 25 years ago the family decided to focus on quality, avoiding the cost pressure (and lower quality) imposed by the wholesale market. Every week owner Juan Carlos Gutierrez Colosia tastes from each barrel to ensure that his are among the finest sherry wines and vinegars in Spain.
Sherry wine vinegar. Contains sulfites.
- Salad of Marinated Oja Trout with Green Beans, Leek Mousse, and Lettuce Hearts (Ensalda de Trucha Marinada con Judías Verdes, Mousse de Puerros y Corazones de Lechuga)
- Trout and Rabbit Escabeche (Trucha y Conejo en Escabeche)
- Andalusian Gazpacho (Gazpacho Andaluz)
- Green Gazpacho from La Axarquía Málaga (Gazpacho Verde de la Axarquía Málaga)
- Gilthead Bream in Salt (Dorada a la sal)
- Catalan Potatoes Bravas (Patatas Bravas)
- Cod Fish Confit Over Cuttlefish Risotto, Sautéed Spinach a la Catalana and Foamy Emulsion of Alioli (Confit de Bacalao Sobre Risotto de Sepia, Salteado de Espinacas a la Catalana y Espuma de Alioli)
- Cocktail of Warm Spider Crab with Saffron Pistils and Wild Fruits and Flowers (Cóctel Templado de Cangrejo con Pistilos de Azafrán y Frutas del Bosquepicón de centollo templado, pistilos de azafrán. frutas y flores silvestres)
May We Suggest
May We Suggest
Customer ReviewsAverage rating from 1 reviews Write a review
Joe Harris - Brandon