- Very absorbent, good for sauces & broths
- Organic short grain rice, D.O. Calasparra
- Retains shape, not sticky or creamy
- No pesticides or herbicides used
- Size - Family Size - 11 lbs/5 kilos (about 22.5 cups)
Here is an ample five kilo sack of Calasparra Rice to serve the needs of all rice lovers. This centuries-old strain of short-grain rice is unique due to its leisurely maturing process: it grows 30% slower than other rice types. This longer growing cycle produces rice kernels that are exceptionally dehydrated - ready to absorb even more of the tasty sauces and flavors of paella broth and other Mediterranean rices like arroz negro and arroz con pollo.
Calasparra rice is grown in the mountains of the Province of Murcia in Spain, where it enjoys pure mountain water irrigation, unlike the usual rice fields by the ocean. Each bag is individually numbered at the farm. This rice is totally free of all pesticides and herbicides, and in fact no chemicals of any kind are added during processing.