- The original and best brand
- The most common variety of pimenton in Spain
- Distinctive smoky flavor
- Size - 2 x 2.5 oz/70 g
The most commonly used pimentón for home-cured sausages, grilled meats, stews and paella, bittersweet smoked paprika, lends its distinctive smoky flavor to any variety of Spanish recipes. Pimentón de La Vera Agridulce, or bittersweet smoked paprika, is the most popular variety of pimentón in Spain, making up 2/3 of the total production of paprika.
Made from freshly harvested peppers smoked for 15 days over encina oak wood fires, bittersweet smoked paprika has a mildly piquant, intensely smoky flavor that sets it apart from the bland grocery store paprika most of us are used to buying. A dash of pimentón will transform homemade stews and sauces with its smoky, rich flavor. Sprinkle it on deviled eggs, potatoes or any number of seafood and meat dishes.
La Dalia is the original and best brand of Pimentón de La Vera, and they still use stone mills to create the finest, most flavorful smoked paprika in Spain.
The peppers used to produce La Dalia Pimentón de la Vera are hand-harvested each year in early autumn. Just after harvesting, the peppers are sent to wooden smokehouses filled with the smoke of encina oak wood fires. For 15 days, the peppers are dried in this intense smoke. Once dried, La Dalia grinds the peppers on traditional granite millstones - resulting in a silky, rust-red paprika that is both deeply flavored and smoky.
Founded in 1913, La Dalia was the first company to produce the famous smoked paprika of La Vera. For generations, this family owned company has produced the finest quality pimentón using traditional production methods. This Pimentón de La Vera is Denominación de Origen (D.O.) - assuring its quality and authenticity!
- Rioja Potatoes (Patatas a la Riojana)
- Marinated Roast Fillet of Pork Studded with Chorizo (Filete de Cerdo Asado marinado y Salpicado de Chorizo)
- Lamb Caldereta (Caldereta de Cordero)
- Croquetas de Jamón Serrano (Croquetas de Jamón Serrano)
- Shepherds Potatoes (Patatas Aborregás)
- Santiago Mussels (Mejillones de Santiago)
- Romesco Sauce (Catalan Pepper Sauce) (Salsa Romesco)
- Castilian Garlic Soup Version 2 (Sopa de Ajo Castallana Version 2)
- Empanada (Empanada)
- Garlic Shrimp (Gambas al Ajillo)
- Grilled Red Snapper with Smoked Paprika Marinade and Melon Salsa (Besugo al Horno de Miguel con Marinado de Pimentón Ahumado y Salsa de Melón)
- Mixed Paella - Version II (Paella Mixta - Versión II)
- Tuna Salad with Roasted Piquillo Peppers (Ensalada de Atún con Pimientos Asados)
May We Suggest
May We Suggest
Customer ReviewsAverage rating from 6 reviews Write a review
Michael Frank - Seattle, WA
"First time I have tried the Bittersweet, very nice."
Bill Barton - Fairfax, VA
"Absolutely the best-look no further"
vicki fekete - watkinsville, GA
"Good paprika though not as flavorful as the La Chinata I purchased last time."
Thom Smith - Cortland,, NY
"I'm set, I'll never have to to get generic bulk "Spanish" paprika again."
James Cecil - Tulsa, OK
"Wonderfull flavor.Explendid color and the best flavor!"