- The original and best brand
- Smoked, deep flavor, universal spice
- Secret ingredient in many Spanish recipes
- Size - 2 x 2.5 oz/70 g
Rust red in color with a unique smoky flavor, Pimentón de La Vera, or smoked paprika, is a versatile seasoning used in countless Spanish recipes. Made from freshly harvested peppers smoked for 15 days over encina oak wood fires, this pimentón is slightly sweet tasting with an intense smoked flavor. It is this intense smoky flavor that sets it apart from the bland paprika found in most grocery stores.
Sweet smoked paprika is a key ingredient in authentic paella. Beyond paella, it is an excellent spice to use for flavoring potatoes, stews and sauces. Sweet smoked paprika's smoky, intense flavor is also fantastic with roasted meats, chicken or fish.
La Dalia is the original and best brand of Pimentón de La Vera, and they still use stone mills to create the finest, most flavorful smoked paprika in Spain.
The peppers used to produce La Dalia Pimentón de la Vera are hand-harvested each year in early autumn. Just after harvesting, the peppers are sent to wooden smokehouses filled with the smoke of encina oak wood fires. For 15 days, the peppers are dried in this intense smoke. Once dried, La Dalia grinds the peppers on traditional granite millstones - resulting in a silky, rust-red paprika that is both deeply flavored and smoky.
Founded in 1913, La Dalia was the first company to produce the famous smoked paprika of La Vera. For generations, this family owned company has produced the finest quality pimentón using traditional production methods. This Pimentón de La Vera is Denominación de Origen (D.O.) - assuring its quality and authenticity!
- Scallops au Gratin, Galician Style (Vieiras Gratinadas a la Gallega)
- Cuttlefish with Fava Beans (Chocos con Habas)
- Octopus and Potatoes (Pulpo con Cachelos)
- Vegetable Stew (Estofado de Verduras)
- Cuenca "Morteruelo" (Morteruelo Conquense)
- Vegetable Coca (Coca de Verduras)
- Andalusian Vegetable Pot (Puchero Andaluz de Verduras)
- Fresh Snails, Served with a Spicy, Piquant Sauce (Cabrillas y Caracoles)
- Fried Tope Shark in Oregano Marinade (Cazón en Adobo)
- Pebbled Rice (Arroz Empedrat)
- Rice with Beans and Turnips (Arroz con Alubias y Nabos)
- Baked Rice (Arroz al Horno)
- Salamanca-Style Broad Beans (Habas a la Salamantina)
- Zamora-Style Rice (Arroz al Estilo de Zamora)
- Chopped Savoury (Picadillo)
- Reddened Monkfish Salad (Ensalada de Rape Rojo)
- White Haricot Beans with Hare and Oyster Mushrooms (Alubias Blancas con Liebre y Champiñón Ostra)
- Roasted Vegetable Towers and Manchego Crostini with Sherry Vinaigrette (Torres de Verduras Asadas con Crostini de Queso Manchego y Vinagreta de Jerez)
- Soupy Rice with Lobster (Arroz Caldoso con Bogavante)
- Santander Stew (Guiso de Santander)
- Braised Chicken (Pollo Estofado)
- Empanada Pork Pie (Pastel de Carne)
- Artichoke Flower Stuffed with Ibérico Ham in Clam Sauce (Corazón de Alcachofa Relleno de Jamón Ibérico y Salsa de Almejas)
- Sizzled Shrimp (Gambas al Ajillo)
- Chicken and Rice (Arroz con Pollo)
- Fabada - Asturian Bean Stew (Fabada Asturiana)
- Chorizo and Smoked Paprika Stuffing (Chorizo Relleno de Pimentón Ahumado)
- Smoky Roasted Potatoes (Patadas Asadas Humeantes)
- Galician Soup (Caldo Gallego)
- Mixed Seafood Paella (Paella de Marisco)
- Mixed Paella (Paella Mixta)
- Smoked Paprika Rub for Turkey (Adobo de Pimentón Para Pavo)
- Gilthead Baked in a Salt Crust (Dorada a la Sal)
- Marinated Mackerel (Caballa en Escabeche)
- Chicken with Kidney Beans (Anchoas Frescas Marinadas)
- Basque Tuna and Potato Stew (Marmitako)
- Bream Baked with Vegetables (Besugo al Horno)
- Turbot, Galician Style (Rodaballo a la Gallega)
- Lamb Fillet Steaks with Sauce from the Alpujarras (Cordero Alpujarreño)
- Spinach Andalusian Style (Espinacas a la Andaluza)
- Tomato Salad Murcia-style (Ajotomate Murciano)
- Stuffed red Piquillo Peppers with Salt Cod and Shrimp in Tomato Peppers Sauce (Pimientos del Piquillo Rellenos de Bacalao y Gambas en Salsa de Pimiento de Bola)
- Steamed Salmon with Sofrito and Lemon Confit (Salmón al Vapor con Sofrito y Limón Confitado)
May We Suggest
May We Suggest
Customer ReviewsAverage rating from 37 reviews Write a review
janine libbey - nashville, TN
"We haven't opened the tins yet because we still have some left from our last order, but we're sure it will be just as good."
Virginia Banaszak - San Diego, CA
robert BRUNSON - CAPE CORAL, FL
Richard Wesner - Virginia Beach, VA
KRISZTINA PETER - berlin, CT
"As always, La Dalia paprika is fresh and flavorful, and excellently priced. Thanks again to La Tienda."
Mara Dormarunno - Stewartstown, Pennsylvania
Matthew Bangs - Arlington, VA
REINALD0 Torres - Saint Louis, MO
"I had the smoked paprika from La Tienda before, got it in California I made it last longer and couldn't wait to get more."
ISABEL FERNANDEZ - LAKE WALES, Florida
Ed & Bev Menteer - Battle Ground, WA
MARK SHEPARD - PARK CITY, UT
"Great smoky flavor "
Bspain - Naples, FL
Jose Gonzalez - Fort Lauderdale, FL
"Yummy and I love it!"
TONI - DOWNERS GROVE, IL
David R. DeVoe - Philadelphia
BETTY DAVISON - PENSACOLA
"we are experimenting with putting this on many different food just to see how it changes the taste"
AGNES FARNAM - PINE RIVER
TIMOTHY MICHEL - Chicago
Patrick W. McCown - Pueblo
domingo BARREIROS - EAST MEADOW
Timothy Mitchell - Tuckerton
"I am using it daily / just adds the best flavor to fish, chicken and vegetables !! A sensational find!"
MARYANN KELLEN - TUCSON
Enrique Rubio - Metairie
"I can't possibly make paella without this sweet smoked pimenton! I've tried some other brands, and they're okay....but after using this, I can't imagine ever using another smoked paprika that doesn't come from La Tienda!"
Christine E - Santa Ana
MIRIAM SCOTTODILUZIO - SUMMERVILLE
Yvonne Stephan - Monroe
"Already used it three times in one week. Eggs, potatoes, eggplant & tomatoes. Very good product. The can is terribly hard to open."
Robert Craig - Lehigh Acres
Cesar Calderon - Arlington
Earle Gay - LANCASTER
"If you want a non-smoky paprika, don't buy this wonderful paprika. It gives a specific flavor that adds a Spanish taste to your food. Excellent purchase (again)."
Bob - Seattle
"Wonderful aroma. Makes my Paella taste authentic, and it's my go to seasoning for braising skinless chicken thighs. "
Gail - Melbourne, Florida
"Great!! Made my yellow rice and Spanish Bean Soup really wonderful!"
BJ Watson - Hoboken, Georgia
"I love this paprika! A very nice, smoky, warm heat adds great flavor to not only Paella but chili and my butternut sqash ragout. The color and smell are beautiful, so you fully enjoy this with more than your sense of taste!"
Lacy - St Petersburg, Florida
"This is so fanastic that Iam ordering 2 more canisters. I just love,love this seasoning. Use it on everything from eggs to on different salads. Great on Salmon. Again, I love this seasoning."
"What a discovery! I have started using this smoked paprika on chicken and bean dishes as well as paella. The more I use it the more uses I find for it."
"As I opened this E-Mail I thought I could sense the aromatic smell of the paprika I purchased a few weeks earlier. Great product."
"I enjoyed it so much in my paella. It really enhanced the flavors. I have also used it in other recipes, notably a recipe for a Skillet Creole Shrimp dish. Wow!"