- The original and best brand
- One tin each of sweet, bittersweet and spicy
- Secret ingredient in many Spanish recipes
- Size - 3-Pack - 3 x 2.5 oz/70 g
Smoky, rust red Pimentón de La Vera, or smoked paprika, is the secret ingredient in a wide variety of Spanish recipes, including authentic paella. Made from freshly harvested peppers smoked for 15 days over encina oak wood fires, pimentón is slightly sweet tasting with an intense smoked flavor. Its intense smoky flavor sets it apart from the bland paprika found in most grocery stores.
La Dalia is the original and best brand of Pimentón de La Vera, and they still use stone mills to create the finest, most flavorful smoked paprika in Spain.
The peppers used to produce all three varieties of La Dalia Pimentón de la Vera are hand-harvested each year in early autumn. Just after harvesting, the peppers are sent to wooden smokehouses filled with the smoke of encina oak wood fires. For 15 days, the peppers are dried in this intense smoke. Once dried, La Dalia grinds the peppers on traditional granite millstones - resulting in a silky, rust-red paprika that is both deeply flavored and smoky.
Each type of pimentón has a subtly different flavor: sweet, bittersweet, and picante, or spicy. If you like to be creative with your cooking, this trio is a great way for you to try all three flavors!
Founded in 1913, La Dalia was the first company to produce the famous smoked paprika of La Vera. For generations, this family owned company has produced the finest quality pimentón using traditional production methods. This Pimentón de La Vera is Denominación de Origen (D.O.) - assuring its quality and authenticity!
- Cuttlefish with Fava Beans (Chocos con Habas)
- Chickpeas and Fresh Greens (Garbanzos con Espinacas)
- Fresh Snails, Served with a Spicy, Piquant Sauce (Cabrillas y Caracoles)
- Chickpea Flour Fritter of Guadalquivir Shrimp and Onion (Tortillita de Camarones)
- Fillets of Hake with a Garlic Emulsion and Hojiblanca Oil Sauces (Filetes de Merluza con Alioli)
- Murcian Cauldron (Arroz en Caldero Murciano)
- Rice a Banda (Arroz a Banda)
- Cabbage Stuffed with Marinated Cod (Repollo Relleno de Bacalao con Ajada)
- Potatoes and Rabbit in the Mountain (Conejo Estilo Montaña)
- Braised Chickpeas, Spinach, and Salt Cod with Pimentón and Coriander (Potaje de Garbanzos, Espinacas, Bacalao, Pimentón y Cilantro)
- Fishermen's Tuna (Atún en Adobo)
- Castilian Garlic Soup (Sopa de Ajo Castellana)
- Cauliflower al Ajoarriero (Coliflor al Ajoarriero)
- Hake Galician Style (Merluza a la Gallega)
- Artichoke Flower Stuffed with Ibérico Ham in Clam Sauce (Corazón de Alcachofa Relleno de Jamón Ibérico y Salsa de Almejas)
- Potatoes and Rabbit in the Mountain Version II (Conejo a la Montañesa)
- Catalan Potatoes Bravas (Patatas Bravas)
- Boiled Beef and Potatoes with Paprika (Ternera Guisada con Patatas y Pimentón)
May We Suggest
May We Suggest
- $29.95pk-16Add to cart
- Sale$14.95$11.95rc-03Add to cart
- Sale$14.95$11.95sn-09Add to cart
- $18.95sn-11Add to cart
Customer ReviewsAverage rating from 40 reviews Write a review
FRANCIS CURLEY - Reisterstown, MD
Ronald Meredith - Chambersburg, PA
"I tried this product many years ago and loved it. In the meantime, I moved 3 times and couldn't reorder. I tried out different locally sold versions but none came even close to yours which is nothing sort of outstanding. And the shipment arrived almost immediately! Thank you so much."
Caroline - CHARLOTTE, VT
"The day after our Pimentón "smoked paprika" Trio by La Dalia arrived we prepared a Spanish Lamb Stew,using the Agridulce Pimentón and a Spanish Rioja wine. Fabulous. What great flavor this spice conveys. We look forward to using these three spices in other dishes soon. "
Thad MUMMERT - FRESNO, CA
"These three types of paprika are an indispensable part of my pantry."
Gail Streete - Memphis, TN
Patricia H. Dudley - Baltimore, MD
"beautiful tins, great taste"
Susan Wurmbrand - monmouth junction, NJ
Ceaser Pitta - West Caldwell, NJ
"Complex flavor, gorgeous color, wonderful assortment. Delivered quickly and priced right."
Sandra Hamilton - SAN JOSE, California
Gwyneth Stark - Niagara on the Lake, ON
"I have never (in the several years I've been trading with LaTienda) ever bought ANYTHING that wasn't first rate along with the service and helpfulness of the staff."
John Claude Campbell III - Annapolis, Maryland
Elizabeth Zois - Troy, NY
JAMES SCOTT - GREAT FALLS, MT
H ANDRES CARRON - MCKINNEY, TX
"For some reason sweet is the best with seafood paella, but the picante was a "subliminal" undertone to my chicken and chorizo paella. Other US paprikas (even those that say smoked) are not in this league."
Aaron Hascher - Southaven, MS
"I substituted the smoked paprika for chile powder in a recipe for sauteed chicken. It was fabulous."
CHICK CURTIS - RIVERSIDE, CA
Douglas Schatz - Fort Collins, CO
"I love Spanish paprika and the smokiness of this pimentón is perfect. I love all 3, but I think my new favorite is the bittersweet. A terrific balance of flavor."
MARCIA - SIMBURY, CT
ALAN STARRETT - OLD BRIDGE, NJ
McFerrin Smith - DeLand, FL
"Love the options this trio gives you. I used them literally from soup to nuts in my Spanish meal."
Pauline Rouleau-Mantil - Carp, ON
maria de la Rosa - Lafayette, AL
"order arrived a day early and, as usual, the products were of excellent quality and 100% as advertized"
Michael Boggan - Kingsport, TN
DAVID MCCLUSKEY - NORTH AUGUSTA, SC
"I love the variety of flavors in this trio of paprikas! "
Shelley Brazier - Washington, DC
Michael Touchi - Pleasanton, CA
"very flavorful not at all like super-market Paprika. "
TRUDY ARNOLD - Yucca
DEBORAH ZUHLKE - NORTH BARRINGTON, IL
FRANCINE RODRIGUEZ - JIM THORPE, PA
elizabeth sprague - nashville, TN
"Surprisingly the color, flavor and taste of this product, giving it a soft smoky touch to disticion preparations."
Enrique - Knoxville, Tennessee
"Love the taste and smells when cooking with these spices!"
Kathy Martorano - Sterling, Colorado
"I am so glad that I purchased this smoked paprika trio. I have used all three in almost everything I have cooked. It can transform something as simple as eggs and fried potatoes. Delicious!"
Dee - Tampa, Florida
"Loved the smoky one. Helped me make a great paella"
Stephane Girois - Norfolk, Virginia
"Great price on a fresh product. Love the fact the 3 flavors are sold together."
hunny89 - Lincoln, Nebraska
"The flavors are so wonderful, we want to add it to everything we cook."
Liz - Creston, California
"What an INTERESTING spice. I LOVE it!"
Sherri Zufall - Arvada, Colorado
"uso este paprika en todo los comias prepare...."
"Beautiful smoke flavor! Going to make my first Paella."