- Freshly sliced daily at our facilities
- Spain’s most popular ham
- Cured in Spain, 12-18 months
- Open and serve at room temperature
- USDA inspected
- Size - 6 oz package
Jamón Serrano is a passion in Spain, where every restaurant and tapas bar features Serrano hams ready to be sliced. The hams are cured for well over a year in the mountains of Spain, and have a complex flavor and mild saltiness that make jamón one of our favorite tapas. We slice imported ham extra thinly, so that you can enjoy the true taste Serrano. And since we slice daily, our Peregrino jamón is the freshest you can get.
Our favorite way to enjoy Jamón Serrano is simple - on a warm platter with some good crusty bread and a glass of Spanish wine. A bocadillo sandwich is another classic Spanish treat – simply cut a fresh baguette in half, drizzle with olive oil and add sliced Serrano ham, perhaps with some slices of Manchego cheese. Once you get the taste for jamón, there are dozens of ways to enjoy it – wrapped around melon, diced and cooked with vegetables, sprinkled on fresh salads or added to paella or pasta, to name a few.
Over thousands of years the people of Spain developed the ideal method to preserve ham as a way to save meat for the coming winter. The hams are salted, and then hung in mountain curing rooms where they experience the changing seasons, losing up to 40% of their fat and developing deep, complex flavors. They continue to be cured using these same techniques, albeit with the benefits of modern technology.
We are proud to offer the freshest sliced jamón in the country. Instead of buying sliced meat in Spain, we bring the hams to our facilities and slice them weekly to ensure the freshest most flavorful Serrano you can buy. Our sliced Serrano ham is fully cured and ready to serve with no cooking necessary. In the original unopened package, these slices will stay fresh for weeks, if not longer.
Ham, sea salt, sodium nitrite and potassium nitrate.
Serving size, 1oz. (28g) Servings per container, 4. Calories 280, calories from fat 30. Total fat 3.5g (6%), saturated fat 1g (6%), cholesterol 30mg (10%), Sodium 310mg (13%), total carbs 0g (0%), protein 9g. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Scallops au Gratin, Galician Style (Vieiras Gratinadas a la Gallega)
- Vegetable Stew (Estofado de Verduras)
- Zarangollo with Cured Beef and Serena Cheese Sauce (Zarangollo con Cecina de Vaca y Salsa de Queso de la Serena)
- Vegetable Stew with Serrano Ham (Guiso de Verduras y Jamón Serrano)
- Salad of Marinated Oja Trout with Green Beans, Leek Mousse, and Lettuce Hearts (Ensalda de Trucha Marinada con Judías Verdes, Mousse de Puerros y Corazones de Lechuga)
- Andalusian Vegetable Pot (Puchero Andaluz de Verduras)
- Avocados with Carpaccio of Cecina (Aguacates con Carpaccio de Cecina)
- Salamanca-Style Broad Beans (Habas a la Salamantina)
- Zamora-Style Rice (Arroz al Estilo de Zamora)
- Chopped Savoury (Picadillo)
- Broccoli, Cauliflower and Romanesco Cauliflower with Warm Ham Vinaigrette (Brécol, Coliflor y Romanesco con Vinagreta Templada de Jamón)
- Empanada Pork Pie (Pastel de Carne)
- Ventresca Tuna & Jamón Serrano on Toast with Braised Onions (Tosta de Ventresca de Atún y Jamón Serrano con Cebollas Estofadas)
- Salmorejo - Thick Gazpacho with Jamon, Boiled Eggs and Roasted Peppers (Salmorejo)
- Ajoblanco with Grapes (Ajoblanco con Uvas)
- Sticks of Ham with Honey (Palitos de Jamón con Miel)
- Sweet and Sour Ibérico Ham Salad (Ensalada Agridulce de Jamón Ibérico)
- East Wind, West Wind Spaghetti (Espaguetis Viento del Este, Viento del Oeste)
- Baked Leeks with Ibérico Ham Wafers (Puerros Asados en Obleas de Jamón Ibérico)
- Maragato Stew (Cocido Maragato)
- Duelos y Quebrantos (Duelos y Quebrantos)
- Rioja Vegetable Medley (Menestras de Verduras a la Riojana)
- Trout Navarre Style (Trucha a la Navarra)
- Tomato Aspic with Jamón Serrano (Aspic de Tomate con Jamón Serrano)
- Asparagus Wrapped in Jamón Serrano (Espárragos Envueltos en Jamón Serrano)
- Croquetas de Jamón Serrano (Croquetas de Jamón Serrano)
- Jamón Serrano with Melon (Jamón Serrano con Melón)
- Gazpacho — Homemade from Jerez de la Frontera (Gazpacho Jerezano)
- Mixed Paella - Version II (Paella Mixta - Versión II)
- Tortilla Milagros
- Grilled Shrimp Wrapped in Serrano Ham (Gambas a la Parilla Envueltas en Jamón Serrano)
- Jamón Serrano and Manchego Cheese Sandwich (Bocadillo de Jamón Serrano y Queso Manchego)
- Catalan Toast with Tomato and Jamón (Pa amb Tomaquet (Pan Con Tomate))
- Lentils from Upper Aragon (Lentejas del Alto Aragón)
May We Suggest
May We Suggest
Customer ReviewsAverage rating from 59 reviews Write a review
"Excellent ham with a subtle yet tasty flavor. Very good alone or with cheese."
Janet B. - GERMANTOWN, MD
"This ham is delicious! Never tasted anything like it. Will definitely order again"
Kathryn Spagna - Springfield, MA
JOSE AROCA - WEST ROXBURY, MA
"Great tasting jamon, especially with manchego and rioja wine"
michael sueiro - greenport, NY
"OMG I could just sit down and eat the whole package my self"
DIANE KAZI - HOCKESSIN, DE
Olga Barrios - WILLIAMSVILLE, NY
Jose C - Raleigh, NC
"More tender than the Iberico, and I liked the flavor very much! A little goes a long way, though."
Mark Bass - Portage, MI
"Perfect, the ham was just like what I recently had in Spain. "
LARISSA FLYNN - VINEYARD HAVEN
Pilar Vasbinder - JACKSON, NJ
"The best jamon I've ever tasted!"
ROBERT CONABOY - RENO, Nevada
"Great product! Just got back from Barcelona and wanted my wife to try some of Spain's amazing cuisine. This was spot on!"
Andrew Hnath - Loganville, GA
Ana Maria Gutierrez - Arlington, VA
joseph west - moncks corner, SC
"Perfect - Just like Spain Thank you"
STEPHEN AMBROSE - Longmomt, CO
"Good, but not like having it fresh in Spain."
CELESTE FARRON - MOUNTAIN HOUSE, CA
JANICE BRUCE - WEST MELBOURNE, FL
Carole Rodero - Fairfax, VA
"great taste and flavor"
BOBBY WALTERS - MOULTRIE, GA
Marina Bounds - Drexel Hill, PA
MARSHA GONZALEZ - Deland, FL
"Loved the taste. Outstanding."
STEVEN CANTER - NEWTON CENTER, MA
Wil Perdomo - Oceanside, CA
jordan schultz - Lopez Island, WA
Maria Posadas - Lindenhurst, NY
"Good and flavorful. Almost like in the Spanish tapa restaurants."
Lee - Honolulu, Hawaii
cynthia kimmel - asheville, North Carolina
"Perfect for all holiday traditions."
Robert - Gardena, California
"My husband and I paired this with a nice rioja and ate this as tapas with the manchego cheese. Delicious is an understatement! Next time we want to try the iberico and iberico de bellota."
mmny - South Setauket, New York
"I'm sure this is a wonderful ham, however, we couldn't get used to it. It wasn't what I expected. "
J Scheumann - Hoagland, Indiana
Nancy - Leominster, Massachusetts
"I enjoy this and keep thinking of new ways to use it. Jamon Serrano--excellent. What I most like is being able to purchase a smaller amount that suits my needs. Thank you, Don!!!"
Carol S. - CAMDEN, New Jersey
"This is a must if you want a tasteful sandwich!"
Fatima Carreira - Lincoln University, Pennsylvania
"This jamon makes fabulous sandwiches. Add a little Manchego and you approach perfection!"
Edward - Shelton, Connecticut
Sherri Zufall - Arvada, Colorado
"Excellent. Just returned from Spain May 2012 and discovered La Tienda. Thanks for providing the real deal!"
James - Tampa, Florida
"We never had tried this before. It arrived cool in the shipping container. We found it to be very good and tasty."
"We didn't care for this in raw form, but fried crisp, it is outstanding!"
"Very nice Serrano ham. Similar to what I had in Madrid."
"Reeely, Reeely GOOD!!"
Tod A. Daniels
"Found out I really enjoy Sliced Jamon Serrano. It is soooooo good, I will definitely order it again."
Yum, Yum in CA
"very good, wrapped well"
"Wrapped these slices around shrimp and grilled for an appetizer. Delicious flavor. "
"It's a great Jamon Serrano, taste really good, with the perfect salt point. It reminds me all Jamon I've been eating all my live in Spain. Maybe would be perfect if the package comes with plastic film between Jamon slices to make easy to separate the slices before eating."
"Eating this makes me feel like I'm back in Spain. I love the flavor of this ham. I wonder if the caloric content information on the package is correct. When I checked other sources, it seemed to be lower. "
"Not as expected. Sorry."
"Excellent quality--just like I remembered from my time living in Madrid! I will definitely be ordering this product again. "
"The jamon was lacking in taste for my preference, due maybe to the preservatives. The ham is decent though."
"Excellent flavor and lean"
"it shipped very well, in an ice pack, and was fresh and flavorful, right on time for a party I threw"
Dennis E Kenney