- Trust us - you've got to try this!
- Extra rich and creamy hot chocolate
- Great for dipping churros, cookies, and other pastries
- A Spanish favorite!
- Makes approx. 8 cups per bar
- Size - 2 x 10.5 oz/300 gr
(en español abajo)
Valor Chocolate a la Taza is the thickest, creamiest, richest hot chocolate in the world!
Valor has been the classic chocolate source for Spaniards for over 100 years. When you melt their chocolate a la taza in simmering milk, this solid dark chocolate bar transforms hot milk into a rich and satisfying chocolate brew!
In Spain, they dip fresh churro pastries into a cup of this wonderfully thick mug of chocolate. (We have a churro making kit for you if you are feeling ambitious!) But doughnuts and similar pastries are also excellent partners.
It is very easy to make: All you do is add squares of your Valor bar to milk simmering on the stove and stir occasionally until it reaches your desired thickness. The thickness can be adjusted by the number of chocolate squares used and how long it is heated. On average, 2-3 squares per cup of milk and around 2 minutes simmering time will produce a delicious and decadent mug of hot chocolate!
¡El chocolate a la taza más espeso, cremoso y rico del mundo! En España mojan churros en una taza de este chocolate caliente de increíble espesor. ¡Y Valor es el estilo clásico, una tableta de chocolate negro sólida especial que se transforma en un chocolate líquido decadente! Simplemente mézclelo con leche en un cazo durante unos minutos. Cada barra sirve unos ocho.
Sugar, chocolate liquor processed with alkali, rice flour, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, an emulsifier, vanillin, artificial flavor. May contain nut and milk traces.
Serving size 1.5 oz (42g) 3 blocks. Serving per container 7. Calories 220. Calories from fat 100. Total fat 10g (16%), saturated fat 6g, (32%), cholesterol 0mg, (0%), sodium 15 mg, (1%). Total carbohydrate 28gr, (9%). Dietary fiber 2g, (10%). Sugars 21g, protein 2g. Vitamin A and C 0%, Calcium 0%. Iron 5%. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Average Customer Rating: 4.5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews
Add a Review
connie - Kernersville, NC
Anne-Marie Carlos - Wilmette
"Very rich, thick chocolate reminiscent of that which we had for breakfast with brioche or "ensaimada" growing up in another country."
Thomas De Fiore-Schmidt - Rochester
REGINA FELL - SAMMAMISH
Igor Ivanov - San Francisco
JAMES GORSKI - KANNAPOLIS
"The BEST hot chocolate I've ever had!"
Marilyn Napoline - North Andover
Jose Mendoza - Cheyenne, Wyoming
"When I've been in Spain in the winter months it's nice to get this. It is nice to share with family and friends the same experience after just telling them about it."
Bonnie - Los Angeles, California
"Delicious! Very chocolatey, but not too sweet. A special treat. "
J Scheumann - Hoagland, Indiana
"We followed the instructions on the package, but the chocolate didn't blend with the milk very well. Not sure what we did wrong, but most of the chocolate just settled in the bottom of the pan. From the La Tienda Team: Thanks for these comments! We wanted to test the chocolate ourselves after we read your review. We found that the chocolate needed to be finely shaved and the mixture needed constant stirring as the milk came to a boil. This was as much to prevent the milk from scalding, as it was to ensure a good mix. The resulting chocolate a la taza was smooth and thick - perfecto! Thanks again!"
"This hot chocolate was super easy to prepare and brought me back to my trip to Spain!"
"I sent them to my Father-in-law who spent most of his life linving in Spain, he was USAF. He Gives 3 cheers to the items I sent him.He is very excited to order more from the catalogue that came with the order. Julie Castro"
"The best hot chocolate you will ever have."
"It was a gift for my brother. He loved it. I can't wait for mine."
"I have swapped out all the hot chocolate in the house to this brand. I have spent hours on other chocolate bars painstakenly grinding the chocolate, but not this bar. Just break it up in big chunks and it melts effortlessly while the milk is warming up. Great chocolate taste. "
"with boiled full milk, this tastes like the hot treats we had on a chilly night in Ronda. "
"I make Italian style hot chocolate which uses powdered chocolate. It is also thick that you can also use a spoon. Thought I would try the spanish version. However it is too sweet and not thick enough. It is ok if you are used to American hot chocolate. "
"Just served this to my gourmet group with churros. Amazingly thick and decadent! It was a hit...ordering more for everyone."
"This is a wonderful tea. I am so excited to find this outlet as it is difficult to find in retail stores. The price for the 3 pack is quite reasonable as well. Try this tea...you will really enjoy it."
"Me encanta el chocolate Valor: sabroso y delicioso.
Les recomiendo este producto."