- The ultimate garbanzo!
- Use for Cocido de Garbanzos
- Authentic from León
- Size - 2 x 2.2 lb/1 kilo
El Maragato gourmet garbanzos (chick-peas) are from Castilla--León, and are grown along the medieval pilgrimage route El Camino de Santiago. They are radically superior to their bland cousins you find in the local supermarket. La Tienda is the exclusive source of these exceptional beans in the United States.
When you soak these garbanzos overnight, you will be astonished to see how they swell into plump, exquisite beans.
El Maragato is the premiere source of artisan quality beans in Spain -- if you choose these garbanzos you will immediately recognize that theirs is not an idle boast. A customer of ours wrote an enthusiastic letter extolling Maragato as the "ultimate garbanzo."
In Spain, the popularity of Cocido de Garbanzos, Garbanzo Stew, rivals that of paella and gazpacho, and is the precursor of a French pot-au-feu. These premium beans are the perfect base for a pot of Cocido, brimming with authentic Spanish flavor. Your glorious garbanzos will be stewing in a broth containing chorizo, and perhaps morcilla black sausage with onions.
Serving size 1/4 cup dry (35g) Serving per container: About 26 Cal. 120. Fat 1.5 g. (2%).Saturated fat 0%. Cholesterol 19g. (6%). Sodium 0mg .(0%). Carbohydrate 19g. (6%). Dietary Fiber 4 g. (15%). Sugars 0g. (0%). Protein 6g (0%). Vitamin A 0%. Vitamin C 0%. Calcium 6%. Iron 15%. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Andalusian Vegetable Pot (Puchero Andaluz de Verduras)
- Chickpeas and Fresh Greens (Garbanzos con Espinacas)
- Cream of Chickpeas with an Egg Parcel and Tears of Picual Olive Oil (Crema de garbanzos con Huevo Escalfado y Lágrimas de Aceite Picual)
- Baked Rice (Arroz al Horno)
- Braised Chickpeas, Spinach, and Salt Cod with Pimentón and Coriander (Potaje de Garbanzos, Espinacas, Bacalao, Pimentón y Cilantro)
- Maragato Stew (Cocido Maragato)
- Chickpeas with Pepper Salad Picada (Ensalada de Garbanzos y Pimientos Rojos)
- Rice with a Crust (Arroz con Costra)
May We Suggest
May We Suggest
Customer ReviewsAverage rating from 1 reviews Write a review
"high praise for a humble legume: much better than any chick pea I ever cooked, these are smaller and soak faster than the variety sold here, and when cooked to perfection they have a creamy consistency with a beautiful nutty flavor & make a great snack or side dish with lemon, olive oil and cumin "
Tiemo - Los Angeles